Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Off the needles

These socks have been done for a while, but I kept forgetting to take a picture.
I was worried about running out of my (leftover) yarn, so I added a third "color" to it. The heels and the toes were knit with that and I'm happy with how they turned out.

Die Socken sind schon laenger von den Nadeln gehuepft, aber ich hatte immer vergessen ein Bild davon zu machen. Ich hatte ein bissl Angst, dass meine Wollreste nicht reichen wuerden und deshalb habe ich eine dritte Farbe hinzugefuegt. Die Fersen und Zehen wurden daraus gestrickt und ich bin mit dem Resultat ganz zufrieden.
 Since we go walking early on Saturday's and right now it can be pretty chilly (and dark), I wanted a nice warm hat for myself to wear. I've seen "reflective" yarn out there and decided to give it a go. Since I was already going for "visible", I decided on the neon yellow yarn. The hat knit up really quick and it should keep me nice and warm.

Nachdem wir Samstags immer recht frueh laufen gehen und es jetzt oft sehr kalt (und dunkel) ist, wollte ich eine schoene warme Muetze fuer mich. Ich hatte schon oefters Wolle gesehen die Licht reflektiert und beschloss damit zu stricken. Nachdem ich schon die reflektierende Wolle genommen habe, habe ich gleich auch noch "neon gelb" als Farbe gewaehlt. Die Muetze war super schnell gestrickt und ist auch richtig schoen warm.
Not a very good picture, but you can see the reflective strands in the yarn.
Also, since I had plenty of yarn leftover, I made another hat. :-)

Das Bild ist leider nicht so gut, aber hier sieht man das eingewobene, reflektierende Garn sehr gut.
Nachdem ich noch genuegend Wolle uebrig hatte, hab' ich gleich noch eine zweite Muetze gestrickt. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Nice socks and I'm glad you had an extra color to add!! Love your hat it looks so comfy cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your hat pattern and I didn't know there was such a thing as reflective yarn. That is very nice! The socks are lovely, Anke. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your hat pattern and I didn't know there was such a thing as reflective yarn. That is very nice! The socks are lovely, Anke. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am nearing the finishing point of my very first sock. You have been so much inspiration for me, Anke!! I am only hoping that it fits and looks somewhat like a sock when it is finished!! So far, so good. But then I have the other to make! This particular pattern is one that I won't use again....it takes way too long.....knit on #1's....very tight stitches....but nice and thick socks. So sturdy, they may never wear out!! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS....do you have any favorite patterns that are quick knitters? (for socks)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks look great! Reflective yarn, that sounds very sensible for hats to be worn in the dark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks are adorable; love the color combo. What a great idea for your hat....will keep you safe and warm!!

    ReplyDelete