Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, January 22, 2016

Socks

Finished a couple of pairs of socks lately - just in time, too. We had our first snow of the year today. :-)

In den letzten Wochen sind mir ein paar Socken von den Nadeln gehuepft. Das Timing haette auch nicht besser sein koennen, heute hatten wir den ersten Schnee im neuen Jahr. :-)

 I really like the yarn of these socks very much and couldn't stand to see it go to waste. So I've decided to combine it and make another pair of socks. The colors are really vibrant, not like in the pictures above that were taken on dreary days inside.

Die Sockenwolle finde ich so schoen und deswegen wollte ich sie auch komplett aufbrauchen. Deshalb beschloss ich aus den Resten ein neues Paar zu stricken. Die Farben kommen auf diesem Bild richtig gut rueber, im Gegensatz zu den oberen Bildern die an trueben Tagen im Haus gemacht wurden.

                                               Proof we had snow in Alabama today... ;-)

                          Ein Beweisphoto, dass es bei uns heute tatsaechlich geschneit hat... :-)


14 comments:

  1. Your socks are really beautiful. You have such a talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! And yay for snow!!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely socks! I'm always happy to see hand-knits - they're so much nicer than bought socks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Anke,
    die bunten Socken sind ja ein richtiger Augenschmaus - ganz tolle Farben und vorallem bei dem derzeitigen Wetter!
    Ich wünsche Dir und Deiner Familie nochmals auf diesem Weg ein glückliches und friedliches neues Jahr :-) und mögen all eure Wünsche in Erfüllung gehen.
    Vielleicht sind ja meine PM im Spamordner gelandet...schau doch mal nach...es war auch ein echt leckeres Brotrezept für Dich dabei wenn Du magst.
    Es grüßt Dich ganz herzlich,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha-the bottom pair reminds me of Tigger---I adore them!
    Enjoy your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't this the craziest winter???? but good for wooly sock wearing!! (i've got mine on right now, too!) I love combining mismatched yarns for socks.....yours are going to look so pretty; those colors go perfectly with each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice socks and hooray for snow! I at least was able to see some flurries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These socks look really fun! I like "colorful" things. :) Yikes! Snow in Alabama! :l

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your two pairs of socks and your SNOW!!! that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your socks are great, Anke. I've certainly taken advantage of the warmth that mine offer on some of our cold days we've had recently. It started snowing here on Friday around 5:00 or so in the evening. Twenty four hours and thirty-one inches later it stopped on Saturday evening around 5:00. :) We are all dug out now and ready to start another week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks are great, Anke. I've certainly taken advantage of the warmth that mine offer on some of our cold days we've had recently. It started snowing here on Friday around 5:00 or so in the evening. Twenty four hours and thirty-one inches later it stopped on Saturday evening around 5:00. :) We are all dug out now and ready to start another week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your socks. I've only made 2 pair, and I gave one pair to my mom. Keep thinking I need to start another pair. I've already repaired my mom's, so I'm sure she'd like another pair. Maybe this summer I can refigure out how!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the socks!! One of these days...... Maybe I will make that my goal for next Christmas....making socks for my lovies. I just finished a hat that was a blast to make...putting picture on Tuesday's blog. Thanks so much for always giving me inspiration! As for snow....I can send you just a little more if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete