Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Where did the time go?

Life's been busy. I haven't really been taking a lot of pictures and haven't really felt like blogging lately.
Life is good though and I just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know we're still around. :-)
My Hitofude is almost done! Since taking that photo (sometime last week) I've made quite a bit more progress and might actually be able to finish it tonight - or tomorrow night.

Zur Zeit ist bei uns einfach viel los und ich bin zu faul Bilder zu machen und zu faul zu bloggen.
So geht es uns allen gut und ich dachte ich schau nur mal kurz vorbei und zeig ein paar Photos.
Meine Hitofude Jacke ist fast fertig! Seitdem ich das Bild gemacht habe (irgendwann letzte Woche) habe ich noch mehr Fortschritte gemacht und ich denke ich werde heute oder morgen Abend damit fertig.
 The elephant ears we planted by the pond are ginormous this year! In all the years of planting some, we have NEVER had them get this big. I'm thinking about taking one and trying to see if I can turn it into a stepping stone...

Die "Elefanten Ohren" (heissen die in deutsch auch so?) sind dieses Jahr riesig gross geworden! In all den Jahren in denen wir welche gepflanzt haben, sind sie noch nie so riesig geworden. Ich bin am ueberlegen ob ich eines dieses Blaetter in einen "stepping stone" machen kann...
Still baking bread.
This one is a kefir whole wheat bread. Tasty, but didn't rise as much as I would have liked.

Ich backe immer noch unser eigenes Brot.
Dieses ist ein Kefir Vollkorn Brot. Ist leider nicht ganz so aufgegangen wie ich es wollte.
 This is a Italian whole wheat sage bread. It rose just like expected, has a nice crust and is quite tasty.

Dies ist ein italienisches Weizenbrot mit Salbei. Ist schoen aufgegangen, hat eine schoene Kruste und schmeckt lecker.
 Tried a new to me recipe for quinoa breakfast bars. Made with cooked quinoa, oats, spelt flour, honey, raisins.... Oh my goodness, so so very good!!

Habe ein neues Rezept fuer Quinoa Fruehstuecksriegel ausprobiert. Sie werden mit gekochtem Quinoa, Dinkelmehl, Honig, Rosinen usw gemacht... Super lecker!!
Here  is the link for the quinoa bars. As you can see, I exchanged the whole wheat flour it asks for with spelt and since I didn't have craisins used raisins. I highly recommend making these!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear life is good Anke. I do love seeing all the bread's and thank you so much for the link to the quinoa bars, I was going to ask. Guess I know what I will be baking tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with being busy with living---you have such wonderful things going on.
    Love the Elephant ears. Is that hypertufa you are going to try with them? I've wanted to do that, but still lack the confidence to try it. Maybe a "tutorial" on your process?
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you updated, I know you are busy with the new school year and well, it's nice to hear about your days!! Glad all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The elephant ears are living up to their name; large and lovely!!!
    I'm so loving the idea of the quinoa breakfast bars....so yummy. Glad all is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy...what wonderful baking you do!! I am going to try the quinoa bars this week. thanks Anke!!

    ReplyDelete