Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Photo dump

Random pictures of the last week or so:
Our Garden harvest is very small compared to last year, but we are harvesting some. Not enough to preserve or keep, but enough to eat fresh. 

Ein paar Photos von der letzen Woche:
Wenn man die Gartenernte mit letztem Jahr vergleicht, faellt sie dieses Jahr leider sehr mickrig aus. Wir ernten genug um es zu essen, aber zum Einmachen bleibt dieses Jahr leider gar nichts uebrig. 
 Found a recipe for "chia pudding" and decided to give it a try. I really like it and it's a very satisfying breakfast- even if the color is a bit off putting...

Hatte ein Rezept fuer "Chia Pudding gefunden und beschlossen es auszuprobieren. Ich fand den Pudding sehr lecker und zum Fruehstueck gegessen sehr fuellend - auch wenn die Farbe des Pudding's nicht so toll ist...
Any of you remember the purple top I made a while back? Well I realized I never did show a picture of it, so here it is. 

Koennt ihr euch noch an das lila Top erinnern das ich gestrickt hatte? Die Tage fiel mir ein, dass ich nie Bilder davon gezeigt hatte. Hier ist es nun:
                           New project on the needles, a Hitofude cardigan. Lots of fun to knit!!

                   Mein neues Strickprojekt, eine Hitofude Jacke. Macht grossen Spass sie zu stricken!!
 And a few pictures from the garden as well. The succulents are doing wonderful this year. They are thriving in the extreme heat we've been having.

Hier auch noch ein paar Photos vom Garten. Die Kakteen wachsen und bluehen dieses Jahr einfach grossartig. Die extreme Hitze die wir hatten, scheint ihnen richtig gut zu tun.

 Some oranges forming on the miniature orange bush. Keeping my fingers cross, they'll get big enough to eat!

Mini Orangen am Mini Oragen Busch. Ich druecke feste die Daumen, dass sie gross genug werden so das wir sie auch essen koennen.
                                                                  A bit of color...

                                                                Ein bissl Farbe....
Hanging out with friends by the lake...

Mit guten Freunden am See...

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that top-the color is very very nice.
    Sorry you've been having so much hot weather--but it certainly looks like you know how to spend a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your knitted top, beautiful. And oranges, how lovely! I remember doing a training camp in Florida years ago, and we did our training run in an orange grove. It was awesome, we would finish our runs and reach up and grab an orange...they were so good!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chia pudding, it really is filling and so good.
    Your purple top looks wonderful and prefect for this summer weather. And I adore your new knitting project, it's a pattern I want to knit and you are doing it in one of my favorite colors.
    I hope your oranges get big enough for you to eat, I will cross my fingers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the color of your hitofude!!! gorgeous :) Love your lavender top- and it fits perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picture purge. Hey, any harvest is a good harvest no matter the size! I really need to try succulents outside, but I'm wondering if we get too much rain for them. Love the purple top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chia pudding sounds very interesting. I may have to give it a try. Your cardigan is going to be so beautiful, Anke! I love the color. Loved seeing all the pics today.

    ReplyDelete