Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer break...


We've been on summer break for a little over a week now and things have been getting done!
Besides tiling the kitchen floor I mean... ;-)
I finally went and bought some flannel fabrics to finish the "quilt" I started month ago. I did not add any kind of batting to it, just the top and the flannel backing. It is meant as a lightweight blanket that can be taken on trips, outside for picnics... 
Now it just needs to stop raining long enough for us to be able to take it somewhere. :-)

Wir haben seit ca. einer Woche Sommerferien und langsam aber sicher werden Dinge erledigt die schon laenger auf Halde lagen. 
Ausser die Kueche fliesen meine ich... ;-)
Letzte Woche habe ich endlich den Flannelstoff gekauft um diesen "Quilt" fertig zu machen, den ich schon vor Monaten anfing. Dieser Quilt ist nicht wattiert sondern hat nur die Vorderseite und die Rueckseite aus Flannel. Es sollte eine leichte Decke werden die man mal im Auto mitnehmen kann, zum Picknick verwendet...
Jetzt muss es nur noch lange genug aufhoeren zu regnen damit wir die Decke auch mal benutzen koennen. 



 When I'm not working on the kitchen floor or doing some kind of spring cleaning, I sit down and knit a bit. I'm at the end of the stockinette part of the shawl and ready to start the lace. Now I just need to make heads and tails out of the chart...

Wenn ich nicht mit Kuechebnboden beschaeftigt bin oder irgendetwas anderes im Haus putze, setze ich mich hin und wieder mal hin und stricke. Mit dem glatt rechten Teil des Tuches bin ich nun fertig und kann die Spitze anfangen. Jetzt muss ich mir nur noch ganz genau die Anleitung durchlesen damit ich auch weiss, was ich machen soll...
Linking up with Frontier Dreams today.

24 comments:

  1. The quilt is gorgeous Anke. And what a lovely colouway on that yarn. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, I do love to stay busy. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt, I recently recovered some pillows and thought I should get back to work on my quilt. Good luck with the chart, I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to learn how to properly quilt, so far I just make it up as I go along.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful and perfect for taking out for a picnic , I love the colors.
    It is very cloudy here right now and we are suppose to get some rain, finally, we are very
    dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, I wish I could send you some of our rain. It has pretty much rained every day here these last 10 days. Thankfully it's not all day long and we still get to go outside some.

      Delete
  4. There's never a dull moment at your house--always things going on. Love the quilt--the colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. It was fun to put it together.

      Delete
  5. I really admire your quilting skills. The quilt is lovely. And, I'm excited to see the lace pattern on the shawl. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think I have a lot of quilting skills. I just kind of put it together.... ;-)

      Delete
  6. That’s beautiful. I keeping buying fat quatres but still haven’t got the courage to cut them up.
    Good luck with the kitchen floor, we are plastering upstairs and it’s never ending. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could buy tons of fabrics when I go to a fabric store, it's the same as with yarn, I kind of go into a trance. ;-) The kitchen is oh so close to being done, but I think it'll be a few more days until all is back to normal. Good luck with the plastering!!

      Delete
  7. I love your stitching on the binding. Beautiful summery colours green and blue on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The binding seemed a bit "blah", so on a whim I decided to do the stitching.

      Delete
  8. love your lightweight blanket, I like that it is for picnics and such. Beautiful fabrics! Your knitting is beautiful and how fun to be at the lace part, the best part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Now we just need to get some use out of it... ;-)

      Delete
  9. Those quilt colors are beautiful! The orange just makes it POP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I know it could never stand up to your quilts. Yours truly are pieces of art!

      Delete
  10. I can't wait for the summer break to get here... we finish at the end of June. Your quilt is gorgeous !!! I love the combination of colours that you have picked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just hang on a bit longer, your summer break will be here before you know it. :-)

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous quilt and the shawl looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. found your blog via Karen @ pumpkin sunrise. How fun! I love knitting and am just learning to sew...how lovely, your house updates and garden!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing about the quilt, Anke. I hadn't thought of doing that for a picnic blanket...but I love that idea! I may have to make my own!

    ReplyDelete