Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, June 8, 2015

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Anybody familiar with that book?
It's about a little mouse that's given a cookie, then wants some milk, then a straw, then a mirror and so on... There is always one more thing he needs and I kind of feel like that right now.
After tiling the kitchen, Greg installed new trim - which I wound up painting.
Once that was done, I realized the chair rail could use a coat of paint as well.
After that I thought the counter needed a new coat, which of course meant the columns needed to be painted as well.
When that was done, the columns in the living room caught my eye...

Kennt ihr das Buch?
Es handelt sich um eine Maus die ein Plaetzchen moechte, danach moechte er Milch, einen Strohhalm, einen Spiegel... Es gibt immer wieder was neues das er unbedingt braucht und mir geht es im Moment aehnlich.
Nachdem die Kueche gefliest war, hat Greg neue Fussleisten installiert die ich dann gestrichen habe. Als die gestrichen waren, ist mir aufgefallen das die Leiste an der Wand auch gestrichen werden sollte. Danach sah die Ablage schaebig aus und ich habe sie gestrichen, was hiess das die Saeulen auch gestrichen werden mussten. Wenn ihr denkt das ich dann fertig war liegt ihr falsch. Ich habe die Saeulen die im Wohnzimmer sind auch gleich gestrichen... 

 Sorry for the dark pictures, we are under a thunderstorm watch right now and it's been raining pretty good here - again.

Sorry, dass die Bilder so dunkel sind. Wir haben gerade Gewitter und es regnet teilweise ziemlich stark - schon wieder.
Oh and if you think I'm done, you'd be mistaken. I have already painted the trim in the guest bathroom and still plan on painting the trim in the girls bathroom, our bathroom and the sunroom. Since it's raining and I can't go outside I might as well, right?

Falls ihr jetzt denkt das ich fertig bin, liegt ihr daneben. Ich habe schon die Fussleisten im Gaesteklo gestrichen und will noch die Leisten in unserem Bad, dem Bad der Maedels und die Leisten im Sonnenzimmer streichen. Nachdem es regnet und ich ehe nichts im Garten machen kann, beschaeftige ich mich wenigstens im Haus.

10 comments:

  1. I have banned the mudding from my husband, he would not stop! You have a beautiful home and as we just finished painting I know how exciting it is to have a fresh house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. It does feel really good knowing things are fresh and "new". Guess I like the feeling so much, I just keep going... ;-)

      Delete
  2. I know that book :) And I totally get it. It does look really great, such a lovely home you have. Enjoy the rest of the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book and right now I'm living it. ;-) Hopefully I'll get lots of painting done this week - at least until I run out of paint.

      Delete
  3. Anke, I love your home, it is beautiful! Isn't it funny that when you pretty one part of your home up you begin to notice other areas that need attention? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! I was kind of shocked crawling around on the floor painting the trim how bad it looked up close. I'm a pretty neat and tidy person and still, there were lots of areas that needed "help".

      Delete
  4. Love your colors! So bright and cheery! :) I thought I was a very clean neat person too until we painted our kitchen and I climbed up to clean the top of the cabinets! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully our cabinets go all the way to the ceiling. :-) Now behind the fridge is a whole different strory...

      Delete
  5. You are quite the worker! The house looks amazing, Anke! And isn't it amazing how a fresh coat of paint can brighten things up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make such a huge difference. Now that I've been "up close and personal" with the trim, I already have a few rooms earmarked for a fresh coat of paint. ;-)

      Delete