Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Some knitting again, finally...

I don't know why, but it seems like it's taken me forever to finish this little summer top. There really wasn't all that much to it, the pattern was easy, the yarn fun to knit with... Still, my knitting mojo on this one was sorely lacking. 
I do like the top, but I plan on adding some elastic to the top of it. Seems a bit too loose for my taste and that'll have to be fixed before I'm going to wear it. 

Ich weiss auch nicht warum, aber dieses kleine Sommertop war eine halbe Ewigkeit auf meinen Nadeln. Viel war nicht zu stricken, das Muster war ganz einfach, die Wolle war schoen zu stricken... Trotzdem kam ich einfach nicht in die Gaenge...
So gefaellt mir das Top schon, aber ich finde es ein bissl zu locker oben herum. Ich werde nun wohl versuchen ein kleines Gummiband einzuziehen bevor ich es anziehen kann.
 On my needles right now is "Fizzi" a small shawl and I'm using Zauberball yarn in the colorway domino.

Jetzt habe ich "Fizzi", ein kleines Tuch auf meinen Nadeln. Gestrickt wird dies mit Zauberball Wolle in dem Farbverlauf Domino.

14 comments:

  1. You are SO talented. It must really be nice to be able to create your own things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. You're making me blush...

      Delete
  2. THis top is so cute! Can't wait to see how you add elastic to it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on looking for the "right" kind of elastic this or next week. I'll let you know how it works out. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Did you create the pattern yourself? Lovely colorway! I'll look forward to seeing your top all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is a free Ravelry pattern. Sorry, I don't remember the name of it anymore though.

      Delete
  4. Such a cute top. it hard to add elastic to a knit project? I have really got to work on my sewing skills.
    That is some really pretty yarn you are using for your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added some elastic to some of the skirts I made to make sure they would stay put. For this top I'll have to be a bit more careful to make sure the elastic doesn't show. I'll show you how I'm going to do it once I bought the elastic.

      Delete
  5. Great projects! Model that top for us please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will once it's completely done. :-)

      Delete
  6. I love zauberballs, I have one left in brown. Yours is beautiful. Now that summer top is just perfect and just in time for the summery weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I have another one left in green, not sure yet what I'm going to make with it yet.

      Delete