Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, April 4, 2015

A stormy night

I'ts that time of year again - tornado season in Alabama. :-(
Last night we had some storms move in and were under a thunderstorm warning first and then it turned into a tornado warning. The sirens went off, but it was for another part of our county. 
We had lots of rain and it was very, very windy, but thankfully that was all we got last night. 
Other's were not so lucky, we heard of one casualty, power lines down, homes damaged by fallen trees... This is the worst about living in this area...

Es ist wieder soweit - es ist Tornado Saison in Alabama. :-(
Gestern Abend wurde es hier sehr stuermisch und wir waren zuerst unter einer "Gewitterwarnung" und daraus wurde dann eine "Tornadowarnung". Die Sirenen sind losgegangen, waren aber fuer einen anderen Teil unserer "county" (Landkreis) bestimmt.
Es hat geschuettet wie aus Eimern und war extrem windig, aber gluecklicherweise war das alles. Andere hatten es leider nicht so gut. Wir haben gehoert das eine Person in diesem Sturm um's Leben kam, Stromleitungen wurden zerstoert und einige Haeuser wurden durch Baeume beschaedigt die entwurzelt wurden. Dies ist das Schlimmste an der Gegend in der wir wohnen...




8 comments:

  1. That brings back memories---I used to live in Illinois and that was a weekly thing. I don't miss that!
    Stay safe!
    And Happy Easter, Anke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are okay. All those storms are headed my way and are suppose to hit anytime; I hope they are gone by tonight because I am all set to see the blood moon.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are okay, I can't even imagine what that must be like to hear those sirens.

    Stay safe.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that sounds very scary. Glad to hear that you are ok. Hope there are not too many storms on he horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess every area of USA has its threats. Ours too is tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the time of the year, my friend, when my ear is always in the forecast for your area regarding tornadoes. I am so glad that this one missed your end of the county. I'm so grateful you had your shelter built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete