Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring

 Things are greening up nicely in the garden and we're enjoying our time outside. It's supposed to storm this afternoon and then get colder - again. :-( Might have two nights below freezing again this weekend and I hope it won't do any damage to the garden.

Langsam aber sicher wird es immer gruener im Garten und wir geniessen es draussen zu sein. Leider soll es heute Nachmittag gewittern und wir sollen am Wochenende wieder zwei Naechte mit Minus Temperaturen haben - ich hoffe das es dem Garten nichts antut.


Blueberry bushes

Blaubeer Buesche
Gooseberry bush 

Stachelbeerbusch
                                                                      Rhubarb

                                                                      Rhabarber
 Hannah and I both love sugar snap peas, so we decided to plant three different varieties this year. Hopefully we'll get a good harvest!
Hannah und ich lieben Zuckerschoten und haben beschlossen drei verschiedene Sorten auszuprobieren. 
Hoffentlich koennen wir recht viele ernten!
                                                  The green onions are still going strong!
                                        Die Lauchzwiebeln haben den Winter gut ueberstanden!

7 comments:

  1. Your daffodils made me smile--how pretty.
    You are SO far ahead of us. It's snowing like crazy today---but thankfully not accumulating.
    I am TIRED of winter...........and so glad to see some color in your post!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallo anke,
    die zweite narzisse gefällt mir.dein rhababer ist schon sehr weit,meiner kommt gerade aus der erde.
    hier ist es auch wieder kälter und windig.
    hab noch eine schöne restwoche,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have snow and frosts again this week, like you I do hope they have not done too much damage to the buds in my garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, thanks for bring a little spring into my day. We are still dealing with cooler temps, and today, snow! The weekend is suppose to be chilly here too. I know spring will arrive soon, but I wish it would hurry up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Anke, just beautiful. Yes, that cold front is suppose to hit us Saturday and my fingers are crossed for my blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sugar snaps too, but I'm the only one in the house. Love the daffodils in your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some daffodils like yours...with the pink in the middle. They aren't blooming yet, but my yellow ones are. I showed Carroll the pictures of your Gooseberry bush and your rhubarb. He said to tell you that he's envious. :)

    ReplyDelete