Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Yarn along

 After finishing the blue socks, I still had some of the yarn left over. I adore the pale blue and decided not to waste any of it and use the remaining yarn in another pair of socks. I still had one ball of yarn in shades of blue and green left over and also a bit of red from another pair of socks. The pop of red in those socks is perfect in my opinion. ;-)
I just finished reading "Fearless" by Eric Blehm - the story of a Navy Seal, his life, duty and the role his faith played in all of it (highly recommend it) and next up is "The Tie That Binds".
Since we are home from school/work again today (AL is under a state of emergency because we are supposed to get quite a bit of snow) I'm sure I'll get to start on this book and knit a bit more on the socks.
Joining Ginny for the weekly yarn along again.

Nachdem die blauen Socken fertig waren, hatte ich immer noch etwas Wolle davon uebrig. Da mir das blau so gut gefaellt, wollte ich es komplett verbrauchen und habe es einfach mit anderen Wollresten kombiniert. Das gestreifte Muster finde ich bisher echt schoen und mir gefaellt das rot zwischendurch super gut.
Ich habe die Tage das Buch "Fearless" von Eric Blehm fertig gelesen. Es ging um einen Navy Seal, sein Leben, seine Arbeit und die Rolle die sein Glauben in beidem gespielt hat. War ein sehr gutes Buch! Als naechstes kommt dann "The Tie That Binds". Da wir heute wieder von der Schule bzw Arbeit zuhause sind (soll spaeter extrem viel Schnee bei uns geben) kann ich bestimmt heute damit anfangen.
Bin auch diese Woche wieder bei Ginny's yarn along dabei.

Pops of red are great anywhere, aren't they?
Seht ihr, rot sieht ueberall klasse aus. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Anke...you are so creative! I love the socks...and that pop of red really does make them special. I haven't seen my little red headed friend here lately. I don't know what has happened to him, so I enjoyed seeing yours today. :) Take care and stay safe and warm when that snow comes through. Ours is supposed to hit tomorrow, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dianna, you are so creative! I love the red stripe! I hope that you get to stay in and safe during your winter storm. Lots of time to knit and read! :) Oh the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red in your socks, and yes they really do pop. You can call them your woodpecker socks!
    The winter storm is headed my way and suppose to arrive by 5, but it's just bringing me more rain! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new socks, the pop of red is awesome. And that woodpecker...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the stripe detail, so pretty! and I would love to snap a photo of my woodpecker!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete