Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, February 13, 2015

Rikke

It was a bumpy road, but I finally finishes my Rikke hat. The pattern is so easy, but I had a hard time getting the gauge right on this one. I was determined to use the hand spun and hand dyed yarn, but that made getting gauge a bit more difficult. 
I was able to finish today and I love the slouchy fit. With temps below freezing and a chance of snow Sunday into Monday, the timing for it was pretty good, too. ;-)
Nachdem ich diese Muetze vier mal angefangen und wieder aufgetrennt hatte, konnte ich sie heute endlich fertig stricken. Die Muetze selbst ist kinderleicht zu stricken, aber da ich die von Hand gesponnene Wolle unbedingt nehmen wollte, hat es mit der Groesse nicht so geklappt. 
Jetzt passt sie, mir gefaellt der Stil total gut und da es bei uns richtig bitter kalt werden soll (evtl, sogar schneien soll) hat es mit dem timing auch gut gepasst.


12 comments:

  1. This makes me smile, Anke. The color is perfect for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the yarn Dianna! It is so soft and warm and I'll be thinking about you every time I wear the hat. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty color. Anke, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it is gorgeous, and it looks lovely on you.

    Enjoy your weekend, and the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. The yarn was so nice to knit with and the pattern really is a great one.

      Delete
  4. I think it's beautiful and worth all the bother you had to go through! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so adorable and stylish; better hide it from the girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd only have to hide it from Hannah. Nadia is in the "I'd rather freeze to death before wearing a hat" stage.. ;-)

      Delete