Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Off and on the needles

Just a few pictures of what my needles and I have been up to.
The dress is finished,
Nur ein paar Bilder von meinen letzten gestrickten Werken.
Das Kleid ist fertig,
and so is this pair of socks for a sweet friend. 
ebenso wie dieses Paar Socken fuer eine liebe Freundin.
 On my needles is the Rikke hat, made with beautiful hand spun, onion skin dyed yarn. Thank you Dianna! :-)
Auf meinen Nadeln habe ich die Rikke Muetze. Die Wolle ist handgesponnen und mit Zwiebeln gefaerbt. Dankeschoen Dianna! :-)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, the dress is amazing, and looks beautiful on you. I can't even imagine how much work that must have been, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. It really wasn't all that much work, the pattern is so very easy to knit at any time.

      Delete
  2. You are stunning and so is the dress. Wow, I think I need to add a knit dress to my list, I've never made one. How long did it take you to knit?
    Pretty yarn you are using for your hat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, it didn't really take me all that long to knit that dress. It was a really easy pattern, too.

      Delete
  3. Anke, your dress is absolutely gorgeous! You do such amazing work! Love the socks...and am glad you have found a use for the yarn. You are most welcome. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna. :-) I hope you will like the socks and they'll keep you nice and warm.

      Delete
  4. Anke, I am always amazed at your talent. Lovely handiwork---I especially love the colors in the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed! A knitted dress? Wow! It is lovely and you make it so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the dress! You look stunning in it and it's an amazing color :) Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I fell in love with this color and it is even prettier up close.

      Delete
  7. Nice! I can't even think of myself knitting a dress! Wow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really easy knit, most of it was done while watching TV in the evening. Thank you. :-)

      Delete
  8. That dress couldn't be more lovely....you did great!!! The color of the socks is so unique too. Onion dyed yarn? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Anke....the dress is great! What a big project! Thanks for being my inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress is just fantastic. The little baby socks are so cute !!!

    ReplyDelete