Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A birthday gift

The birthday of a friend of mine is coming up the end of this month, and I chose to make her a gift instead of buying one.
She's been crocheting a lot lately and I thought she could use something to keep all the crochet hooks and supplies she might need in one place. 
For inspiration I went to etsy and looked at all the different things they offered. I picked certain features of different ones and came up with my own pattern.
I hope she'll like it...
Here is the case all rolled up.
Meine Freundin hat Ende dieses Monats Geburtstag und ich beschloss ihr etwas zu machen anstatt ein Geschenk zu kaufen.
In letzter Zeit hat meine Freundin sehr viel gehaekelt und ich dachte sie koennte etwas gebrauchen um ihre Haekelnadeln und sonstiges Zubehoer unterzubringen.
Zuerst bin ich auf etsy stoebern gegangen um Anregungen zu finden. Ich habe mir Details von verschiedenen Sachen "geliehen" und mein eigenes Muster entworfen.
Ich hoffe es gefaellt ihr...
So sieht es zusammengerollt aus.
 Opened up - the top folds down to keep the crochet hooks from sliding out. (Could be used for knitting needles as well.)
Aufgerollt sieht es so aus. Die obere Kante wird nach unten gefalten damit die Haekelnadeln (man koennte es auch fuer Stricknadeln verwenden) nicht heraus fallen.
 Opened up all the way.
Ganz aufgemacht.
 I added a little pocket to the side for things like stitch markers, safety pins...
An die Seite habe ich ein kleines Taeschchen genaeht um Platz fuer Kleinigkeiten zu bieten.
 Under the little pocket a slot for some scissors.
Unter dem Taeschchen ein Platz fuer eine Schere.
 In total she can store 24 crochet hooks - which I think would be plenty. ;-)
Insgesamt hat sie nun Platz fuer 24 Haekelnadeln - muesste reichen denke ich. ;-)
Linking up with Frontier Dreams today.

14 comments:

  1. She is going to love it! You are so talented Anke, I wish you lived closer so you could teach me to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be able to do that Tracey!

      Delete
  2. That's great looking and very useful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly. I know you could whip up one of these in no time. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow wouldn't love that, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very clever girl you are, my friend! I know your friend is going to love her birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anke, I just noticed...you've added Carroll's wood crafts blog to your blog roll. Thank you so much for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she'll like it. Carroll's wood work is amazing!! I love looking at all the things he's created.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, that is so cute! I simply love owls. Your friend will love it! I love your blog as a way to practice my German too - I studied German in Year 12, too many moons ago to mention! And I have got completely out of practice. So I try reading the German first and see if I can get it right. Will you get to see your friend open the gift or is it being sent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend loves owls as well, that is why I chose the fabric. I will get to see her open it and really hope she'll be happy with it. I do hope reading the German version of the blog is helping you a bit. Learning English in school was so hard for me, my teacher at the time actually told my mom that I was hopeless. ;-)

      Delete
  7. she is going to LOVE that present!! It's so useful and meaningful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and I love the fabric you used.
    You need to make those things to sell on Etsy or at a craft show. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have plans for a knitting needle case, just need to get into my sewing room and do it! Lovely case, she will love it.

    ReplyDelete