Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Update

Since several of you made a beautiful hat for my friend and kept her in your thoughts and prayers, I wanted to let you know the latest news.
In her own words:

"I forgot to share the good news yesterday that I received from my oncologist. I had a PET scan on Monday and the results showed all of my cancer is gone as well as the tumors...all of my organs were clean. I had treatment yesterday and still have to have 3 more chemo treatments and most likely 3 1/2 weeks of radiation at the end. I am feeling so much better than I was before I started chemo as I am no longer itching and am finally sleeping. I am looking forward to 2015!"

Best Christmas present ever! Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes and making the hats.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful answer to prayer! God is so good! Thanks for letting us know Anke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THIS is the best Christmas gift ever!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news. So happy for you, your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers do get answered! A wonderful post to read this morning Anke, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anke...I just now found this, as I was away from the house yesterday. Thanking the Lord along with everyone and truly rejoicing on your friend's behalf. One very important answer to prayer! The tears are flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for your friend. The power of prayer, knitted hats and sending so many good wishes have helped I believe. May your friend be blessed with a wonderful new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! thank you for sharing this with all of us Anke :0) God is so good! mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks be to God!!! That is such wonderful news. I'm sure her and her family and friends are going to have the best Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure how this post slipped past me, but I'm THRILLED to read this!!!!
    Wishing your friend a beautiful and healthy 2015.
    XO

    ReplyDelete