Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekending



This weekend seemed to just fly by! Is it getting older that makes time seem to go by faster? Anyway... We had a nice and productive weekend and were able to mark a few things off the to do list:

* Cleaned out the garage - that was waaay overdue
* Made a batch of granola, trying Dianna's recipe. It is delicious!
* Cleaned out the last veggie bed and trimmed back some bushes. Still have a few more to go...
* Took a few bags of sorted out clothing and such to the thrift store.
* Greg built a wooden frame so we can better cover the pool pump in the winter month.
* Nadia went to a friends house for a bonfire and had a friend spend the night.
* Picked up Hannah from the airport, she came back from a field trip to DC. It is good to have my "baby" back home. :-)
* Started a new knitting project.
* Was able to call and catch up with two of my oldest friends this weekend. So good to hear their voices on the phone!

How was your weekend?

Dieses Wochenende ist wie im Flug vergangen. Liegt es daran das ich aelter werde, dass die Zeit schneller vorbei zu gehen scheint?
Egal... Wir hatten ein gutes und produktives Wochenende und konnten so einige Dinge von der Liste streichen:

* Haben die Garage sauber gemacht - war schon lange ueberfaellig.
* Ich habe Dianna's Rezept fuer Granola gemacht und es ist super lecker!
* Habe das letzte Gemuesebeet winterfertig gemacht und Buesche zurueck geschnitten. Ein paar muessen noch zurueck geschnitten werden.
* Haben Kleidung aussortiert und in den Second Hand Laden getragen.
* Greg hat einen Rahmen aus Holz gebaut, damit wir die Pool Pumpe diesen Winter besser abdecken koennen.
* Nadia war bei einer Freundin zum Lagerfeuer eingeladen und hatte eine Freundin zum Uebernachten hier.
* Gestern konnte ich Hannah vom Flughafen abholen, sie war seit Mittwoch mit ihrer Klasse in Washington DC auf Schulausflug. Bin froh, dass mein "Baby" wieder hier ist.
* Ein neues Projekt auf den Nadeln.
* Konnte mit zwei meiner aeltesten Freunden telefonieren und es war so gut deren Stimmen zu hoeren!

Wir war euer Wochenende?

16 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds lovely, Anke! I am so glad that you like the granola! Isn't it wonderful to stay in touch with friends. I have a close friend here that we've had little time to just sit and talk...it seems to always be a word here and there at church. We have plans in the making for the two of us to have some time out together this weekend. praying it works out. Glad that Hannah made it back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic Dianna!! I will make this recipe from now on, it isn't as sweet as the granola I used to make and I love all the nuts and fruits.

      Delete
  2. Your weekend sounds fabulous! I love it when so much can be accomplished and checked off that never-ending list!! Did Hannah enjoy D.C? I've not been there yet.
    Our weekend was wonderful-we saw Lindsay twice for her sorority family weekend; it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah did enjoy DC, but they were kept VERY busy! On the go from Wednesday until Sunday, but I think that was a good thing. :-)

      Delete
  3. What an incredilbly packed weekend! Yes, they do seem to go very fast! I am going to start my had for you this week. It should take me but an evening to accomplish! Your granola looks so good. With my husbands diverticulosis he can't have all the seeds and nuts anymore so I don't tempt him with such wonderful snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making a hat for my friend!!

      Delete
  4. Hallo aus schwabach ... Wir waren am Freitag kegeln. Am Samstagmorgen waren die Mädels tauchen und ich bin meine Bahnen geschwommen. Nachmittags waren wir im Bauhaus . und am abend Geburtstag feiern. Sonntag Kirche und Karpfen essen .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da hattet ihr aber auch volles Program! Was macht euer Wintergarten?? Ich warte immer noch auf Bilder... ;-)

      Delete
  5. I need to make a batch of granola and have Dianna's recipe ready to try, it really does look good.
    Did your Hannah like DC ? I went to high school right by DC so spent a lot of time there as a teenager, there is so much to see.
    I need to clean my closet out again this week and unpack winter clothing, Hooray!
    Now, what did you cast on? I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah did like DC. They got to see a lot and she enjoyed the conference they attended. Their school newspaper got 3 place in the nation! I cast on "Queerbeet", a German pattern that I've had for a while. I'll try and post some pictures this week.

      Delete
  6. mmm, granola! new project? do tell!! Sounds like a great weekend and I must say the older I get everything goes super fast. Unless I'm dreading to do something, then time slows to a stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new project is called "Queerbeet" and sort of looks like a tank top. It gets knit in one piece but sideways instead of top down or from the bottom up. It is a pretty fun knit.

      Delete
  7. Yummy looking granola. Good for you getting some cleaning done. It's so nice when the babies are back home isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice to have my babies here at home with us. ;-) I'm not quite ready for them to fly the coop...

      Delete
  8. Time flies!----when you're having fun. So--I guess that answers that-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be right! Sure sounds better than what I was thinking... ;-)

      Delete