Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Paper, wood and yarn

I've been keeping my hands very busy lately with all kinds of different crafts.
It seems to be the same at this time of year - more time spent indoors + gifts to make =
keeping busy in a good way.
Cards are being made and some were already sent...
In der letzen Zeit hatten meine Haende immer etwas zu tun - sie haben gebastelt, gesaegt und gestrickt.
Ist in dieser Jahreszeit immer so. Wir sind mehr drinnen wie draussen, es werden Weihnachtsgeschenke gemacht - so kommt auf keinen Fall Langeweile auf.
Karten wurden gebastelt und teilweise schon verschickt.

 Made this large ornament for a coworker as a thank you for always lending a helping hand.
Dieses grosse Ornament habe ich fuer eine Arbeitskollegin gemacht die mir immer aushilft wenn es noetig ist.
 Of course I had to make one for us to keep as well. :-)
Natuerlich musste ich eines fuer uns behalten. :-)
Knitted several of these little stars. They're a very quick knit and look so cute added to a Christmas present.
Von diesen kleinen Sternen habe ich einige gestrickt. Gehen super schnell und sehen total niedlich aus wenn man sie an einWeihnachtsgeschenk dazu haengt.
 Made up a quick pattern for boot cuffs. These will be Christmas gifts as well and I'm getting ready to cast on another pair.
Habe auf die Schnelle ein Paar "boot cuffs" gestrickt. Auch diese sind als Weihnachtsgeschenk gedacht und ich werde mich jetzt an ein zweites Paar machen...
Have you been keeping busy making Christmas presents?
Seid ihr auch alle fleissing am werkeln um Weihnachtsgeschenke zu machen?

12 comments:

  1. You are a marvel, Anke. You are always thinking of others and your gifts are always so special! When Aldi's started putting out their German Christmas goodies, I started picking up a few each time I went and putting them in the freezer. We had fun sharing them with Matt, Ellen and the girls while they were here. Matt liked them all, but he especially liked the Lebkuchen. :) Hugs to you, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna. I just really enjoy making things and always hope the recipient will like the gift. Aldi has quite a few things here as well and I've been buying some here and there. Do you plan on making any Lebkuchen this year?

      Delete
  2. There seems to be no end to your talents.
    Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, the truth of the matter is that I have a hard time sitting with idle hands... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Busy here too, all in a good way though :)

    I love your cards, and we so pleased to find one in my mailbox this week, thank you. It is beautiful.

    Love the boot cuffs. Are you planning to share the pattern????

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really easy Kim. I cast on 60 stitches and knit 3 purled 2 until I was happy with the length. Then I crochet the "loops" around the edge. I used size 8 needles and yarn from my stash - that's it.
      Glad you liked the card, my friend loved your hat!

      Delete
  4. Yes I have been knitting presents! Keeps me out of trouble :) Love the thank yous (and the thank you you sent). I want to get into more paper crafting once the holiday is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got started making my own cards around 2003 and haven't looked back since. ;-)

      Delete
  5. You are so talented Anke, Everything looks so pretty and it looks like you have embraced the season. I need to get a move on with my gift making, I am so far behind, sigh.
    Enjoy all the holiday joy my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey. I have seen your work, you are very, very talented yourself! Enjoy the Advent season and don't get stressed out!

      Delete
  6. I love all of your crafting....and I'm so happy to see those boot cuffs; they are so cute and useful too.
    Me? Make something for Christmas??? I've not got that far this year!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suz, crafting keeps me sane. :-)

      Delete