Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

On my needles

A few days ago I started knitting this "Queerbeet" top. It will be kind of like a tank top, but I plan on wearing it over some long sleeved shirts during the colder month. 
The top is knit in one piece from side to side and I am using KnitPicks Chroma in the the color way Autumn Day. Seems fitting, doesn't it?
Vor ein paar Tagen habe ich angefangen "Queerbeet" zu stricken. Wenn es fertig ist, ist es ein aermelloses Top das ich in den kalten Monaten ueber ein langaermeliges T-shirt anziehen kann.
Das Top wird in einem Stueck von Seite zu Seite gestrickt. Die Wolle die ich hierfuer ausgesucht habe ist von KnitPicks und heisst "Autumn Day" - Herbsttag. Passt doch richtig, oder?
There are four short row sections (two on the front and two on the back) to add a little more width and "flounce" to the bottom of this top. 
I am totally smitten with the colors of this yarn and cannot wait to wear this top!
In dieses Top werden unten herum 4 Keile mit verkuerzten Reihen eingestrickt - zwei im Vorderteil und zwei im Rueckenteil. Dies gibt dem Top etwas mehr Volumen und das kleine Extra.
Ich bin in die Farben ganz verliebt und kann es kaum erwarten dieses Top anziehen zu koennen!
Linking up with Frontier Dreams today.

16 comments:

  1. I love the way the colours are flowing - it will look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are just amazing!!!! You must share a pic of you wearing it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you could have found a more perfect color for autumn, it's perfect! I know you are going to enjoy a little extra warmth when you wear it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such rich colors - you are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous yarn, can't wait to see how it turns out. I think that is a great plan, to wear it over a long sleeve shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yarn, Anke....can't wait to see the finished top! Thanks for inspiring me over the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty, Anke. That yarn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO beautiful...Can't wait to see your finished top! Aloha, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous colorway and it will look so nice over long sleeve tops :) I mailed my hat to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll be wearing a rainbow! I love it, Anke!

    ReplyDelete