Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hats

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank You!
When I asked if anybody would like to knit a hat for a friend of mine going through chemotherapy, I really wasn't sure what to expect.
After all, none of you know her...
The response, kindness and generosity of all you knitters has totally overwhelmed me and I cannot say thank you enough!!
May all the thoughtful things you do for others be returned to you tenfold!!
Here are the first few hats that I will give to her today.
It is not supposed to go above freezing all day and I thought she could use all the warmth, love and prayers that come with these hats. 
Thank you Steph, Andria, Danielle, Heather, Karen and Tracey!!

Danke!
Danke! 
Danke!
Neulich hatte ich nachgefragt ob irgend jemand Interesse haette eine Muetze fuer eine Freundin von mir zu stricken. Sie muss seit einger Zeit Chemotherapy mitmachen und hat zwischenzeitlich ihre Haare verloren. 
Ich wusste nicht was ich erwarten konnte, denn eigentlich kennt ja keiner meine Freundin.
Ich kann nur sagen dieWarmherzigkeit und Grosszuegigkeit von euch allen ist mehr als ich je erwartet haette und ich kann nicht oft genug Danke sagen.
Hier sind die ersten Muetzen die bei mir ankamen. Ich werde sie meiner Freundin heute geben, da es den ganzen Tag bitter kalt sein soll.
Ich hoffe das die Muetzen sie warm halten und sie weiss das viele Leute an sie denken und fuer sie beten.
Danke Steph, Andria, Danielle, Heather, Karen und Tracey!!





In case you are wondering, I gave her the hat I knit when we had our first cold spell and completely forgot to take a picture of it...
Falls ihr euch wundert wo meine Muetzte ist, die habe ich ihr schon vor einer Woche gegeben als es zum ersten Mal richtig kalt wurde. Hab vor lauter "lass mich auch mit" vergessen ein Bild davon zu machen...

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you received so many beautiful hats to share with your friend! I wish I could have contributed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helping each other makes the world a little smaller and a whole lot nicer! Love seeing all the pretty hats and I hope they bring a little bit of the love that went into making them to your friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the parade of hats, truly so nice!! Thank you for putting out the word and we could use our talents for others :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be getting mine mailed tomorrow... sorry for the delay, chaos here on our homestead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend will be warm and well blessed too. Just in time for this horrible early winter weather, and each and every one a masterpiece too! Such lovely people you have for friends, Anke!
    ~ Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have packaged mine up and will put in the post to you later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, in so many ways. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you've been able to connect with so many generous knitters!! The hats are lovely. Wishing your friend all the best. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anke,
    my last name is Hewkin... Don't like to use both names together in case I am googled by our adopted kids mother... appreciate ya! :)

    ReplyDelete