Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, November 13, 2014

# 3

Finished my third knitted skirt  about 10 days ago. It needed to be blocked and I just hadn't had a chance to wear it yet - until today. Temps in the 40 are perfect for wearing a woolen skirt with wool tights!! The pattern is "Dickson" and it was a pleasure to knit and now wear!
Vor ca. 10 Tagen habe ich meinen dritten Rock fertig gestrickt. Er musste noch gespannt werden und bis jetzt hatte ich einfach keine Gelegenheit ihn anzuziehen - bis heute. Temperaturen um die 5 Grad sind fuer einen wollenen Rock und wollene Strumphose einfach perfekt! Das Muster heisst "Dickson" und war super zu stricken, noch dazu traegt sich der Rock fantastisch!


18 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love it! I am going to crochet a skirt for our daughter but I'm not quite there where the knitting goes. :) Almost done with the hat I started last night. Many interruptions in our home... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many interruptions here, too.... ;-)

      Delete
  2. This is just wonderful Anke! Does your area get quite cold? mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get cold here in the winter, but normally never this early. We're supposed to have highs in the 40's these next few days and that is not right for this time of year.

      Delete
  3. hallo anke,
    der rock sieht super aus,tolles muster!!!!!!
    liebe grüße sendet dir regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschoen Regina, war auch wirklich nicht schwer zu stricken.

      Delete
  4. Ten days?!!! Oh my goodness you are fast and what a beautiful skirt. I'm glad you are having a chance to wear it and I hope you have lots more.
    I'm still waiting on the cold weather, tomorrow maybe, but I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Tracey, it took me much longer than 10 days to knit the skirt. It's been finished for about 10 days, just hadn't had a chance to wear it yet. :-)

      Delete
  5. That skirt is gorgeous! I've never knit one, but you make me want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a slight obsession with knitted skirts now... ;-)

      Delete
  6. gosh I do love that skirt!! Looks great on you and just in time for the cooler weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I do have the pattern if you'd like to give it a go...

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness....that skirt is SO darn pretty!!!! You did such a great job...you can't buy stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schick.... !!!! grüsse von Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Anke. I so admire your ability to create such beautiful clothing for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna. I have to give credit to the talented people creating these patterns though. They really deserve it!

      Delete