Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog hop

I was chosen by Tracey from Clover to participate in a  blog Q & A, so here it is:

What am I working on?

Currently I am without a knitting project - I know, gasp.
I just finished another Christmas cowl I had been working on and it is being blocked right now.
My next project is going to be the "Dickson" skirt, the patterns is printed, the yarn is here, I just haven't cast on for it yet. I plan on winding the yarn for this tonight, but not sure if our busy schedule will allow time for it.  This also shows that I'm a "one knitting project at a time knitter". :-)


How does my work differ from other's in this genre?

I learned how to knit in school (7th grade) in Germany and I've noticed I seem to hold my knitting a bit different than most people here. Other than that, I don't believe my work really differs from others. I have learned so much over these last few years from other bloggers, Ravelry and such and I am grateful to all the talented and creative people out there.

Why do I write/create what I do?

Truthfully I have always been into arts and crafts and such. I am not sure if I was really born that way or if I was made that way. My birthday or Christmas presents when I was younger always included some sort of craft kit. My mom exposed me to crocheting, rug hooking, embroidery, wood and leather burning, making sun-catchers with melted beads, sewing... The list goes on and on. Knitting has become on of my favorites, but I still dabble in lots of other crafts. I just can't imagine my life any other way. Idle hands are not my thing... ;-)

How does my writing/creative process work?

I've never really thought about it if I even have a creative process. Sometimes I see something (in a magazine, on TV, Pinterest ,Ravelry on another blog) and it just makes me go "I can/want to do this". I've found lots of inspiration from fellow knitters or just by  finding a beautiful yarn. I've gotten more "adventurous" in my knitting over the years. When I was younger it was mainly sweaters that I knit. While we were back in Germany for a few years, I taught myself how to knit socks and went from pretty basic ones to more advanced. When we first moved to the States I made sure I had plenty of German knitting patterns to choose from and would always bring plenty of yarn back with me as well. These last few years I have learned the "English" knitting terms and Ravelry has become my go to place for patterns and inspiration.

Thank you Tracey for choosing me to share a bit about myself.
I am supposed to nominate somebody else, but I'm having a hard time with that. Anybody that would like to share a bit more about how they get their creative juices flowing is welcome to do so! :-)




6 comments:

  1. Thanks Anke for participating and letting us into your creative process. I think if we were neighbors we would have a lot of fun crafting together. I use to be a one project knitter and then something happened and I find I have several. I am trying to finish up a pair of socks and then I am going to cast on the Color Affection Shawl, if I can wait that long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. translation please....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. I didn't know you started knitting in 7th grade!!! You are so good at it; love seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Anke. I love hearing about how other people find their creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this so much, Anke. Learning more about friends is always fun. I know we all know this, but just for the record, you are an extremely creative person...and not just in the realm of knitting! I love your, "I can do that" attitude when you see something you want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved getting to know you Anke :) I was a sweater knitter in the beginning and then socks, shawl, and now I'm feeling the pull back to the sweaters...Always changing!

    ReplyDelete