Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Made over

At the end of the last school year I was given this t-shirt by one of my kiddos. I loved the charcoal gray shirt and the embroidered pocket, but overall the t-shirt was just way to big and baggy. It was worn once and then left in the closet. 
A few weeks ago I was browsing through pinterest and found lots and lots of "made over t-shirt" ideas. I decided to just give it a whirl and see what I could come up with.
Here is the before:
Am Ende des letzten Schuljahres bekam ich dieses T-shirt von einem meiner Kinder geschenkt. Mir hat das dunkle grau und die bestickte Tasche sehr gut gefallen, aber leider war das T-shirt viel zu gross. Ich zog es einmal an und dann verschwand es in den Tiefen meines Kleiderschranks.
Vor ein paar Wochen war ich mal wieder auf pinterest stoebern und fand ganz viele tolle Ideen was man mit T-shirts so alles machen kann. Da habe ich dann beschlossen dieses abzuaendern.
Vorher:
After:
I changed the neckline, took in the sides, added the "skirt"part and gathered the sleeves a little bit.
It is still very comfy, but I like the fit and look a lot better than before.
Danach:
Ich habe den Ausschnitt vergroessert, die Seiten eingenaeht und das "Roeckchen" angenaeht. Ausserdem habe ich die Aermel etwas geruescht.
Das T-shirt ist immer noch bequem aber vom Aussehen her gefaellt es mir viel besser als vorher. 



10 comments:

  1. OMG, I love it Anke and want to make a few makeover shirts myself. Was it hard? Sewing is really not my thing, but I try, really I do. I resisted Pinterest for so long, but now I am hooked and am amazed at the wealth of ideas it offers.
    You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, it wasn't hard at all.The first thing I did was change the neckline. For that I just went with a t-shirt I already had and kind of copied it.Then I tried it on inside out and decided how much should be taken in on each side. Once I had that figured out, I cut the t-shirt in two pieces for the "skirt" part. I took the top part in and tried it on to make sure I liked the fit - actually wound up taking it in a bit more. After that I added the "skirt" part. I didn't really gather it, just made sure everything was distributed evenly. Top stitched it and then gathered the sleeves. That's it. I have a few more t-shirts I want to alter, maybe I'll try and do a tutorial on it.
      Yes, I am on Pinterest and already found you. ;-)

      Delete
  2. PS- are you a pinner on Pinterest? I am Tracey ~ Clover

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so darn cute; I love it!! I wish I had your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Anke! If it wasn't for the pocket being the same in the pictures I would not have thought that it was the same shirt! GREAT job, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna. It was an easy project and now I'm looking at a lot more t-shirts in my closet that I'm not so happy with. ;-)

      Delete
  5. my goodness are you clever!! I cannot believe that is the same shirt. you look lovely in the shirt and I love the skirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! What a gorgeous re-fashion. I find sewing with knits so frustrating,though I limp my way through if I can. You've got me wanting to sew again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. uii , da könnte ich ein paar Tshirts zu Dir schicken..... hab momentan keine NÄHMASCHINE: L.g Sylvia

    ReplyDelete