Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, September 1, 2014

Color affection

It's finished! A few evenings ago I cast off and blocked my color affection shawl. I LOVE it!! 
It was such a fun and easy knit and I enjoyed every minute of it. The yarn was my souvenir from our New Orleans trip and is from colinette yarns. The colorways are "wasabi squeeze", "morello mash" and "toscana". 
Now I'll just have to wait for cooler temperatures to be able to wear it. :-)
Mein color affection Tuch ist fertig!! Ich habe vor ein paar Tagen abgekettet und das riesige Teil gespannt, und bin mit dem Ergebnis richtig gluecklich.
Die Wolle war mein Souvenir aus New Orleans und stammt von colinette yarns. Die Farben heissen "wasabi squeeze", "morello mash" und "Toscana".
Jetzt muss es nur noch kuehler werden so das ich das Tuch auch tragen kann. :-)

To give you a better idea just how big it is, this is what I had to do to block it. 
Damit ihr sehen koennt wie gross das Tuch ist, so sah es ein paar Tage lang aus waehrend ich es gespannt habe. 

6 comments:

  1. love love love your shawl!!! It's gorgeous and just in time to wear when the chill is in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! You have such incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have cooler weather soon [for me too :)] so you can wear your shawl, Anke, it is gorgeous! I love the colors and what a great way to remember your trip to New Orleans. I can not wait to visit the yarn store to pick out yarn so I can cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely gorgeous, Anke! I LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-that is just gorgeous!!!! It will look great on you come fall time.

    ReplyDelete