Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Yarn along

It's been a while since I've participated in Ginny's yarn along. What can I say, it's summer and I just don't seem to knit as much as I do during the cooler month. It's just so nice to be able to spend lots of time outside and by the time we come in, I'm too tired to concentrate on knitting. Maybe I just need to start a mindless project for right now...
Currently I'm knitting the "Lace Ribbon Scarf" with KnitPicks yarn in the color way "Autumn Heather". It is actually a very easy knit, but for some reason it took me three tries to get it right.
I am reading "Prada, Pumps and Babypowder" by Sophie Kinsella. I found this German version at our library store and it is a very entertaining read.
Es ist mittlerweile schon wieder einige Wochen her, dass ich bei Ginny's yarn along mitgemacht habe. Dazu kann ich nur sagen das ich im Sommer einfach lieber draussen bin als drinnen. Bis ich dann Abends rein komme, kann ich mich auf's Stricken nicht mehr konzentrieren. Veilleicht sollte ich einfach ein Projekt anfangen bei dem ich nicht allzu viel mitdenken mus...
Momentan stricke ich den "Lace Ribbon" Schal und obwohl das Muster leicht zu stricken geht, musste ich drei mal auftrennen und neu anfangen. Die Wolle ist von KnitPicks in der Farbe "Autumn Heather".
Das Buch "Prada, Pumps und Babypuder" habe ich in unserem Buechereiladen gefunden. War ganz begeistert mal ein deutsches Buch dort zu kaufen.

11 comments:

  1. Oh that looks quite lovely!! I have that pattern saved but as of yet, not knit. My knitting slows in the summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that pattern once, but didn't like it with the yarn I was using. Yours looks really pretty...I like that autumn heather colorway. Summer knitting for me right now is sock knitting. Even though it's a wool blend, the thinness of sock yarn keeps it from feeling too warm. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hallo anke,
    der schal..lace ribbon schaut toll aus. mir geht es sowie dir,im sommer geht es nicht so gut voran mit dem stricken.das buch kenne ich noch nicht,kannst du es empfehlen?
    liebe grüße und einen schönen abend wünscht dir
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina, ich habe vielleicht erst 50 Seiten in dem Buch gelesen aber mir gefaellt es sehr gut. Ist sehr lustig geschrieben.

      Delete
    2. Your shawl will be amazing! I love the color! Hugs, Dianna

      Delete
  4. What a pretty knit--both the pattern and the color are lovely. But, I know what you mean about summertime and wanting to be outdoors. Me too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf looks great. I will have to look it up and your book recommendation!! Summer can be slow for knitting. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep looking at that pattern and deciding not to do it... but I'm loving yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you getting your summer reading and semi-knitting on. I know your project is going to be fabulous….but since I live with carnivores, it looks like strips of bacon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made that scarf once, and I had a lot of trouble with the pattern. Not that it's hard, but I get too distracted for lace, sometimes. That's when I learned about lifelines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't everything slow down in the summertime, especially an Alabama summer! I love the color you are using and it will perfect for fall! Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete