Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quick project

Yesterday I decided to make a quick cover for our tablet. It took me less than an hour from coming up with the idea to finishing it.
I took an empty bag of chicken scratch, some fabric I had leftover from another project, some interfacing and felt to "cushion" the cover. 
I attached the felt to the bag by "quilting" around the chicken and then adding some wavy lines here and there. 
The bag and the liner were sewn separate and once the liner was inside the bag, I finished it off with binding.
Added a button and voila, a cover that didn't cost me anything. :-)
Gestern habe ich so auf die Schnelle beschlossen eine Huelle fuer unsere "tablet" zu naehen. Von der Idee bis zum fertigen Projekt hat vielleicht eine knappe Stunde gedauert.
Ich habe eine leere Tuete vom Huehnerfutter, Stoff den ich von einem anderen Projekt, Vlies und Filz verwendet.
Den Filz habe ich mit der Tuete verbunden indem ich um das Huhn und Wellenlinien genaeht habe.
Die Tuete und das Futter wurden seperat genaeht, und nachdem das Futter in der Tuete war, habe ich beide mit Einfassband eingefasst. 
Einen Knopf ran genaeht und voila, fertig und hat mich nichts gekostet. :-)

Linking up with Frontier Dreams today.

3 comments:

  1. You are one clever woman, Anke! I LOVE this idea...especially the way you attached the felt to the bag! Clever! I still cherish my bag! :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing ever!!! You should make these and sell them on Etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very clever :) I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete