Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Keep calm and craft on

I'm joining Frontier Dreams for the weekly "craft along" this week.
The shawl is still growing, even though it seems at a snails pace. I am making it quite a bit larger than the pattern, basically I'm going to knit until I run out of yarn. It is so soft and I think it will be perfect for those cooler evenings when a sweater is just a bit too much.
Ich mache diese Woche mal wieder bei Frontier Dreams mit. Jeder der etwas selbst gemacht hat (gestrickt, genaeht, gebastelt) kann gerne dabei mitmachen.
Mein Tuch waechst immer noch, wenn es mittlerweile auch im Schneckentempo ist. Wenn ich dem Muster gefolgt waere, waere ich schon laengst damit fertig. Ich haette das Tuch aber gerne groesser, und so stricke ich bis mir die Wolle ausgeht. Das Tuch ist so kuschelig, es wird fuer die etwas kuehleren Abende wenn eine Jacke zuviel ist, hoffentlich genau richtig sein.

8 comments:

  1. It is so pretty! I just finished my shawl and I love it, although it turned out a little bigger than I planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am really loving the colors in the yarn. It will be beautiful! I am just knitting my 2nd shawl ever. I seem to have a new addiction to knitting them even though I don't know how to wear them :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful yarn, Anke! I love all of the colors...so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour choice. It will be a beautiful addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color combo is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely, lovely knitting.
    I see your blog all over and we seem to run in the same circles but I'm not sure if I've ever popped over here before. Nice to meet you. : ) C

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous yarn, I love the colour combinations and shawls in self striping yarn like that are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete