Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Crafty recycling

At the beginning of the year our neighbor gave us a whole bunch of calenders. (By a whole bunch I mean at least 10.) I told her I would keep a few and take the rest to work with me for my coworkers. 
One of the calenders I had kept was one I thought was a farmers almanac calender. Well, turns out it wasn't. It had a few tips in it, but not worth keeping it for. I was going to throw it into the recycle bin, when I thought the pictures were just too pretty to be thrown away. 
Normally when I make cards I use my stamps, this time I decided to use the pretty pictures and just spruce them up with some stamps, glitter and such. 
I think they turned out cute and I'm glad I didn't throw the calender out. 
Am Jahresanfang hatte uns unsere Nachbarin eine ganze Menge Kalender geschenkt. (Mindestens 10 Stueck!) Ich habe einige behalten und den Rest mit auf die Arbeit genommen und sie unter meinen Kolleginen verteilt. 
Einer der Kalender den ich behalten hatte war ein "Farmers almanac" Kalender - dachte ich zumindest.
Heute hatte ich ihn herausgekramt da ich dachte, dass ich ein paar Tips und Tricks fuer den Garten darin vorfinden wuerde. Stellt sich heraus, es war kein "Gartenkalender". Ich wollte den Kalender schon ins Recycling werfen, dann war er mir wegen den schoenen Bildern doch zu schade.
Normalerweise stelle ich meine Karten immer mit meinen vielen Stempelsets her, doch dieses Mal habe ich die Bilder genommen und etwas herausgeputzt. 
Ich finde sie sind ganz niedlich geworden und ich bin froh, dass ich den Kalender nicht entsorgt habe. 



5 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea and one I will remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, I think I will think twice before throwing out calendars, this is a great idea! I love the bird ones especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anke, you are such a creative person with an eye for art! You've taken something as ordinary as a picture from a calender and turned it into a beautiful card simply by adding your special touches! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ja, Anke es war gut das du den Kalender doch nicht weg hast . Die Karten sind wunderschön. Besonders die mit den Blumen. Viele Liebe Grüsse von Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anke, these are just gorgeous. What a fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete