Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

On and off the needles

 I am still knitting on my Calais shawl - actually, I haven't touched it in several days... Not because I don't enjoy knitting it, quite the opposite, I love this pattern and the yarn.
Ich bin immer noch dabei mein Calais Tuch zu stricken, wobei ich es nun schon seit Tagen liegen gelassen haben. Nicht weil es mir nicht gefaellt, im Gegenteil, ich bin von dem Muster und der Wolle vollauf begeistert.
The reason I haven't been knitting on my shawl is this hat. I decided to knit a hat for somebody and that was just more important than the shawl. The hat will be mailed of this week and I do hope the recipient will like it and it will keep her warm. Maybe it'll brighten her day a bit...
Der Grund warum ich das Tuch ignoriert habe, ist diese Muetze. Ich hatte beschlossen sie fuer jemanden (eine bloggerin die an Krebs erkrankt ist) zu stricken und das war mir wichtiger als mein Tuch. Ich werde die Muetze die Tage auf die Post tragen und ich hoffe sie gefaellt und passt.
 The hat is reversible, which I really like. Hope she'll like it, too...
Die Muetze kann man wenden und mir gefaellt das sehr gut. Ich hoffe ihr gefaellt das auch...
Linking up with Ginny this week.

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will love it, it's a great hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hat, don't you love alternating between big and small projects? That shawl is divine!! Must remember that pattern for a to be knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganz bestimmt gefällt deiner Bloggerin,der ich alles Gute wünsche, diese Mütze!
    Sie ist richtig schön vom Muster her!

    Dein Tuch ist jetzt schon traumhaft schön und wird ganz bestimmt ein
    richtig schönes Schmuckstück sein...wenn es fertig ist *knuff* ;o)

    Viele liebe Grüße
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that hat! I like how it is reversible. That yarn in your shawl is beautiful. I'm sure you are anxious to get back to that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute hat! I can see why the shawl got put in time out for a little while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great hat!! Lucky recipient :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a surprise gift for a friend!!! lucky friend! (love that it's reversible!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reversible hat and a very pretty shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Die Mütze ist toll und die Idee, sie als Wendemütze zu stricken gefällt mir sehr! Lieben Gruß von Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a thoughtful and compassionate friend to so many, Anke. The hat is beautiful and so is the shawl you are working on. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who wouldn't love a gift from you??
    The shawl colors are just gorgeous. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She loves it, Anke! It's beautiful, and the perfect color. Thank you so much......I can see the love in every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love to stop by and see what you are knitting, Anke. You have been such an inspiration to me. Cannot wait to see the shawl when you finish. Don't know why, but I am obsessed with shawls....would rather wear one than a sweater!! Just hope we finally get a Spring with weather that is not too hot....then a shawl will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete