Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, March 3, 2014

Seaside 1/2 marathon

Last Friday several friends and me drove down to Panama City Florida. We were going to participate in the Seaside 1/2 marathon on Sunday and decided to make a little getaway out of it.
We stayed in a house in Panama City which was about 2 blocks from the beach. It was fantastic!!
Am vergangenen Samstag sind ein paar Freundinnen und ich nach Panama City Florida gefahren. Wir waren alle fuer den Seaside 1/2 marathon angemeldet und beschlossen einen Mini Urlaub daraus zu machen. Wir waren in einem Haus in Panama City untergebracht und konnten in ca. 10 Minuten zum Strand laufen. Es war ein Traum!





On Sunday morning we drove the 45 minutes to Seaside for the race. The weather was perfect! Low 50's at the start and sunny. A gorgeous day for the 1/2 marathon!
Sonntag frueh sind wir die 45 Minuten nach Seaside gefahren um an dem 1/2 Marathon teilzunehmen. Das Wetter war perfekt, ca 5 Grad aber sonnig. Ein toller Tag fuer das Rennen!
 After the race with one of my friends. She finished before me, but I was able to finish in 2 hours and 31 minutes. Shaved several minutes of my last race time which made me happy.
Nach dem Lauf mit einer meiner Freundinnen. Sie ist vor mir durchs Ziel gelaufen, ich war nach 2 Stunden 31 Minuten fertig. Einige Minuten eher als bei meinem letzten Lauf worueber ich mich gefreut habe.
 The well deserved beer and lunch break after the race - we were starving!
Das wohlverdiente Bier und Essen nach dem Rennen - wir hatten wahnsinnigen Hunger!
In the afternoon we decided to head back to the beach and just enjoy life. It was a perfect day in my book!
Am Nachmittag sind wir zurueck an den Strand um den Tag zu geniessen. Ein absolut perfekter Tag!



9 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful! Congratulations on the time, that is great. Looks like a super place, I love the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we had a wonderful time!

      Delete
  2. great that you beat your personal best! you and your friends look so happy and how lucky to be beside the sea :) Love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I was a little worried before the race because I hurt my knee at the last one, but luckily everything worked out.

      Delete
  3. Wow....you ran a 1/2 marathon?? You are my hero!! What a fun and 'healthy' weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz, I didn't run the whole thing, probably 2/3 of the race. Had a stress fracture in my knee after the last 1/2 and switched between running and walking.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Anke meinen Respekt.
    Tolle Bilder !!
    Liebe Grüsse
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you had the opportunity to get away with friends and do something that you love to do...plus relax a bit as well!

    ReplyDelete