Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Another cowl

What started out as a scarf turned into a lightweight cowl. I wanted to use up all of the beautiful yarn, but once I was done realized it would be too short for a scarf. Not a problem. I dug through my button stash and found a bunch of somewhat mismatched mother of pearl buttons. They turned the scarf into a cowl and after being blocked it is now ready to be worn. 
Was als Schal angefangen hat ist nun ein cowl (infinity Schal). Ich wollte die ganze Wolle verstricken, musste zum Schluss aber feststellen, dass es als Schal einfach zu kurz gewesen waere. Kein Problem. Ich habe in meiner "Knoepfekiste" gewuehlt und lauter alte Perlmut Knoepfe gefunden. Sind nicht alle gleich, aber das hat mich nicht gestoert. Ich finde sie verleihen dem Ganzen das "gewisse Extra" und ich freue mich darauf das federleichte Stueck zu tragen. 


5 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great idea to add the buttons and something I will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you. Not only can you create, you can make it into something else. LOVE this. It is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous and I love how you fashioned it into a cowl with lovely buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Anke! I love the addition of the pearly buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the clever one! It is absolutely beautiful, Anke!

    ReplyDelete