Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Off and on my needles

Since it's been so cold, wet and snowy here, I've been getting quite a bit of knitting done. :-)
Here are the socks I made as a birthday present for a friend. I have to say, I really love knit picks sock yarn! So soft and cozy and the colors are great. Hope my friend will like them as much as I do!
Nachdem es bei uns so kalt und nass ist, war ich fleissig am Stricken. :-)
Die Socken die als Geburtstagsgeschenk fuer eine Freundin gedacht sind, wurden die Tage fertig.
Ich bin von knit picks Sockenwolle ganz begeistert. Sie ist so weich und kuschelig und die Farben gefallen mir wirklich gut. Ich hoffe meiner Freundin werden sie genauso gut gefallen.
 I was also able to finish the lace scarf. It looks so delicate and I'm pretty happy with my first lace project.
Der Spitzenschal ist auch fertig geworden. Er sieht so fein uns zart aus und ich bin recht zufrieden damit.

 This is going to be the "radiant sweater" from the lion brand yarn company. I found the pattern on ravelry and the fact that it's a simple and quick knit really appealed to me. It's pretty cold here right now and I'm hoping to get some wear out of it pretty soon. :-) The yarn I'm using is from knit picks, "Andes del Campo" in the colorway persimmon heather.
Das Muster fuer diesen Pullover habe ich auf ravelry gefunden. Es heisst "radiant sweater" und ist von der lion brand yarn company. Der Pulli geht ganz leicht und schnell zu stricken, und da es hier momentan so kalt ist, habe ich Hoffnung ihn bald anziehen zu koennen. Die Wolle ist von knit picks, "Andes del Campo" und die Farbe heisst "persimmon heather".
This week I'm linking up with  Ginny and Frontier Dreams. Go have a look...

8 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty! I love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. socks are everywhere on today's yarn along! Your lacey knitting is lovely...lots of purple out there today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitpicks does have some real nice yarn. I especially like the color you chose for the sweater. What pretty delicate lace you knit! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your friend will love her socks. Your lace work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your scarf, such delicate looking lace work and pretty awesome for a first lace project too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all your projects are so beautiful! I really love your socks and your lace scarf is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shawl!!!! the blocking made the lace just pop and shine :) How lucky is your friend to receive a pair of hand knit socks? pretty lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh…you HAVE been busy knitting. I love that scarf so much I could scream. :)

    ReplyDelete