Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Knitting now...

The sweater I was working on last was finished over a week ago. We've been really busy though and I didn't have time to take a picture of it until yesterday. It was a really quick knit and it fits perfectly! Since we're experiencing another cold spell, I'm actually wearing it today. :-)
Dieser Pulli wurde schon vor einer Woche fertig, aber da bei uns viel los war, kam ich erst gestern dazu ein Bild davon zu machen. Der Pullover war ruckzuck gestrickt und passt wie angegossen! Nachdem es bei uns heute wieder richtig kalt ist, konnte ich ihn auch schon anziehen. :-)
 Currently I am working on this scarf. It really doesn't look like it would take that long to knit this up, but what you see here is two 11 hour car rides plus several hours spent knitting at home. The yarn is a beautiful, soft silky alpaca lace that I was lucky enough to win from Karen several month ago. I am really looking forward to wearing this one!
Zur Zeit stricke ich diesen zart rosa Schal. Man wuerde denken das dies ziemlich schnell gestrickt war, aber was ihr hier seht hat ganz schoen Zeit gebraucht. Zwei Mal jeweils 11 Stunden im Auto und dazu noch unzaehlige Stunden zuhause! Die Wolle ist super weiches "silky Alpaca" Garn das ich vor ein paar Monaten von Karen gewonnen habe, und ich kann es kaum erwarten diesen Schal zu tragen.
Linking up with Ginny and Frontier Dreams this week.

15 comments:

  1. Anke, your sweater is beautiful! I love the color and the style. I bet it looks amazing on you with your great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love your scarf!!! And the sweater, what a fantastic color and great yoke detail!! Makes me wish I had my sweater done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater is great Anke! I love that color to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo liebe Anke,
    hier kommt dein langsamer alter Schwan um
    die Ecke gewatschelt ;o)
    Du warst jaaa fleißig und hast einen wunderschönen Pulli gestrickt *wow*
    Du hast meine Bewunderung,ich kann leider nur Strümpfe stricken.
    Eine tolle Farbe hast du verstrickt und das Muster...ist zum umfallen schön!!
    Dein Schal gefällr mir auch gut,sooo zart und fein schaut er aus..
    Wünsche dir viel Freude beim tragen,liebe Anke
    Herzliche Grüße
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your lovely sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sweater, it looks very warm and cosy.

    I'm impressed at anyone who knits a scarf having tried it twice and got completely bored within a couple of inches. To knit one out of lace yarn is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater is just adorable and I know that color looks good on you!
    That scarf has a lot of time and energy in it….delightful.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sweater - is it knit in one piece?
    Love the color of your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sleeves are knit separately and then attached to the body before beginning the yoke. Very easy knit!

      Delete
  9. Great sweater - the colour is perfect.
    Your scarf is so pretty - the yarn suits it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful knits!!! I don't have the patience right now for lace, unfortunately as I love it! Also, thank you for my beautiful swap package!!! I loved it all, and it came on a perfect day. I needed a "pick me up" and it certainly did that! I have to say the chocolate didn't last long at all ;-) I (finally) blogged about it this morning. Thank you thank you!!!! You made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked your goodies and they brightened your day! It was fun putting it together for you!

      Delete
  11. So pretty! I especially love the airy, lacy look of the lilac scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweater...it looks nice and warm! And the scarf is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete