Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Yarn along

The sleeveless vest I was knitting is done! It's been blocked, but I have not had time to take decent pictures of it yet. I'll try and get it done this week...
A friend of mine makes beautiful handwoven baskets. She actually taught me how to make a cheese basket, but she is really accomplished and makes so many different, pretty and useful ones. The other day she posted a picture of an egg basket on fb, and I asked her if she'd be willing to trade. An egg basket for some socks... Luckily, she said yes. :-)
So these socks in the pattern called "Karibik" (from a German sock knitting magazine) will be for her. The yarn is knit picks, felici sport in the color way Monochrome. I love the color so much, I think I'm going to have to reorder some more for myself.
A friend of mine has been telling me about the book "Ender's game", saying it is his all time favorite. Since the movie just came out, he was really excited about it and let me borrow his often read, well loved copy. 
Hopefully I'll have time to get started on the book this week...
Die aermellose Jacke ist fertig gestrickt und gespannt, aber leider hatte ich bisher noch keine Zeit Bilder davon zu machen. Ich hoffe ich habe die Tage Zeit dafuer...
Eine Freundin von mir flechtet die tollsten Koerbe, und hat die Tage auf fb ein paar von ihren neuesten Kreationen vorgestellt. (Vor ein paar Jahren hat sie mir beigebracht wie man einen "Kaesekorb" flechtet.) Einer der Koerbe war ein "Eierkorb" und ich fragte sie ob sie so einen Korb gegen ein Paar selbstgestrickte Socken tauschen wuerde. Gluecklicherweise hat sie ja gesagt. :-)
Die Socken werden im Muster "Karibik" gestrickt (aus einem deutschen Strickheft) und die Wolle ist von knit picks in der Farbe Monochrom. Mir gefaellt die Farbe so gut, dass ich mir selbst noch welche nachbestellen werde. 
Ein Bekannter von mir hat mir von dem Buch "Ender's game" erzaehlt. Es waere sein absolutes Lieblingsbuch, und da der Film (mit Harrison Ford) gerade im Kino laeuft, war er vollauf begeistert. Er hat mir sein oft gelesenes Buch geliehen und ich hoffe, dass ich bald damit anfangen kann.
There is actually no yarn along this week. BUT you can still hop on over to Ginny's blog and congratulate her and the family on the birth of their beautiful baby boy.
Der yarn along faellt diese Woche aus, aber ihr koennt immer noch bei Ginny vorbei schauen und ihr zur Geburt ihres Sohnes gratulieren.

6 comments:

  1. Those socks look great! I love trades like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so generous with your sock knitting and giving! great colors that would match my gray wardrobe, I just cannot get enough of gray these days! I took a basket weaving class 20 years ago, still have the baskets and they do not look nearly as good as the teacher's baskets, but I was and am proud of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trade...a pair of your wonderful socks for a handmade basket! The socks are going to be beautiful, Anke! Love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great swap!!! a real win-win!! love the pattern you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So loving that yarn for the socks!! I can't wait to see this egg basket of yours.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors for the socks. And what a great trade that will be....for both of you!

    ReplyDelete