Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Yarn along

The sleeveless vest is taking shape, slowly but surely. I am done with the patterned part in the middle and now it's just knit two, purl two with increases every other row. Easy peasy knitting while talking, watching TV... 
I'm still reading the Year of Fog and have to say it is a very good book, even though it is a scary subject. It deals with a family who's child goes missing, and just thinking about it makes my heart ache. Definitely makes you think!
Die aermellose Jacke nimmt langsam aber sicher Gestalt an. Mit dem Musterteil bin ich mittlerweile fertig, und nun ist es nur noch zwei rechts, zwei links und in jeder zweiten Reihe werden Maschen aufgenommen. Ganz einfach zu stricken, man kann sich dabei schoen unterhalten, Fernseh schauen...
Ich lese immer noch "The year of fog" und muss sagen es ist ein echt gutes Buch - wenn das Thema mir auch Angst macht. Es geht in dem Buch um eine Famile deren 6 jaehrige Tochter einfach veschwindet, ein Alptraum aller Eltern. Das Buch gibt definitiv viel zu denken auf!
Go join Ginny for the yarn along or at least have a peek at what everybody else is knitting and reading!
Nun geht und macht selbst bei Ginny's yarn along mit, oder schaut wenigstens mal vorbei was andere auf den Nadeln haben und lesen!

13 comments:

  1. I thought that was a beret at first. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color, we could be matchy matchy with our knitting this week ;) love the medallion start of the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great focal point to the vest!!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice color! I love a pattern that you can easily memorize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty! I love the the star and lacy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous design...and that color is just as gorgeous. You will look stunning in the vest with your dark hair falling against the orange. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my. A heart drop to hear the subject matter of your book, but you have definitely pricked my interest... I may have to look that one up... when my little is no longer a preschooler, of course! Your vest looks lovely, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice shade of orange! I saw this pattern before and always planned to knit one some day ...seeing yours may actually inspire me to try one of my own...we'll see :) good luck with the project

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty colour and love the pattern. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely vest it is going to be, beautiful design and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vest is looking great!!! That book descibes my biggest fear. ;(

    ReplyDelete