Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yarn along

It has been months since I've participated in Ginny's yarn along.
This was partly due to lack of time and partly due to the "never ending leftover sock yarn blanket". My knitting mojo seemed to be on hiatus and I just didn't feel like I had anything worthwhile to show.
Now that the blanket is finished, I started on my first Christmas gift. This hitchhiker scarf will be a present for our neighbor and I'm knitting it with Knit Picks hand painted yarn in the colorway "looking glass".
My current reading material was picked up at the library sale for 25 cents. "Deep in the heart" by Sharon Oard Warner is a very captivating read and I would highly recommend it!
Es ist mittlerweile Monate her, dass ich bei Ginny's yarn along mitgemacht habe.
Teilweise hat mir einfach die Zeit dazu gefehlt und teilweise war meine langweilige "Sockenwollrestedecke" daran schuld. Ich hatte einfach keine Lust wochenlang das selbe Projekt zu zeigen.
Mittlerweile ist die Decke nun aber fertig und ich stricke gerade mein erstes Weihnachtsgeschenk. Dieser Hitchhiker Schal soll fuer unsere Nachbarin sein, und ich stricke ihn aus handgefaerbter Wolle von Knit Picks in der Farbe "looking glass".
Das Buch "Deep in the Heart" bei Sharon Oard Warnr habe ich mal wieder fuer 25 Cents in unserer Buecherei erstanden. Ist ein sehr gutes Buch, kann ich nur weiterempfehlen!

10 comments:

  1. That lovely shade of blue for your Hitchhiker looks like a little piece of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hitchhiker is great! I agree with Bonny, it's a great shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yarn...the color is gorgeous and I know your neighbor will love it! The book sounds really good...think I might add that to my Wish List. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Hitchhiker. It's such a great pattern. And you can't beat KnitPicks yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am working on a hitchhiker. Yours is a gorgeous colorway; how kind of you to be gifting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving that blue scarf; lucky neighbor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your neighbor is going to love it! I need to make that pattern, haven't as of yet!! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete