Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yarn along

I'm on the sixth and last pair of socks for our neighbor!! I can't wait to finish them and get started on something other than socks! These are another pretty plain pair, which is what our neighbor wanted. If it was up to me, I would have picked a pretty pattern since it wasn't a self striping sock yarn, but our neighbor said the different colors are enough for her. 
A friend of mine gave me a gift card recently and I went and got this book with it. It is by Ashley English and I have to say it is a good book for a chicken novice like me/us. Lots of good information, not too lengthy in the descriptions and lots of beautiful photographs. I would definitely recommend it to anybody interested in keeping chickens.
Ich bin mittlerweile am 6. und letzten Paar Socken fuer unsere Nachbarin! Ich kann es kaum erwarten sie fertig zu stricken und endlich wieder mal etwas andres als Socken auf den Nadeln zu haben. Diese Socken sind ganz einfach eins rechts/eins links gestrickt, aber das ist das, was unsere Nachbarin wollte. Da die Wolle einfarbig ist, haette ich ein schoenes Muster gestrickt, aber das wollte sie nicht. Sie meinte, die Farben sind ihr Abwechslung genug...
Eine Freundin hatte mir vor einer Weile einen Gutschein geschenkt und ich habe ihn die Tage eingeloest und mir dieses Buch dafuer gekauft. Ashley English hat es geschrieben und ich kann es allen, die an Huehnerhaltung Interesse haben nur empfehlen. Viele nuetzliche Info, gut (und nicht langweilig) erklaert und viele, schoene Photos.
Pair # 5 done!
Paar # 5 fertig!
Hop on over to Ginny's and see what everybody else is up to.
Schaut mal bei Ginny vorbei und seht was andere auf den Nadeln haben.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely socks! I always make one then lose my mojo for the second...LOL! Ashley's books are great resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...love the color of your socks. :) Chickens. We've been raising them for almost seven years now (both for eggs and meat) and wouldn't turn back. Love it. Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really ought to make an adult pair of socks for myself, maybe. that way if I give up a third of the way into it I will only disappoint myself, lol. I imagine it would be so lovely to have a hand knit pair of socks. Wish I had the patience for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are nice and so are you for making her so many pairs of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure you've given your neighbor, Anke! The colors are so pretty and you do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the books that are just right, not too wordy not too simplistic. Glad you found one for the chicken raising. And yay to be on the last sock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even your 'plain' socks are awesome. Lately, I can't see a chicken and NOT think of you and yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete