Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yarn along

Socks, socks, socks... 
I was able to finish the pair I showed at the last yarn along I participated in, knit up another pair and start yet another one. Truthfully I'm looking forward to knitting something different after knitting all these socks. Good news is, that I only need to finish this pair and knit one more - then all six pairs for our neighbor will be done.  
Socken, Socken, Socken...
Nachdem ich letzte Woche nicht beim yarn along mitgemacht habe, kann ich dieses Mal zwei Paar fertige Socken vorzeigen und ein drittes Paar das ich momentan stricke. Wenn das Paar fertig ist, habe ich noch eines fuer unsere Nachbarin zu stricken - macht dann insgesamt 6 Paar Socken. Um ehrlich zu sein freue ich mich darauf endlich mal wieder etwas anderes auf den Nadeln zu haben...


Life of Pi is being put on hold for just a little bit since I checked out "Raising Poultry" from the Library. Since we picked up four adorable little baby chicks this past Saturday, I'm trying to read and learn as much as I can about them.
Life of Pi habe ich momentan zur Seite gelegt, da ich "Raising Poultry" aus der Buecherei geholt habe. Da wir seit Samstag vier kleine Kueken unser eigen nennen, versuch ich soviel wie moeglich darueber zu lesen und zu lernen.

15 comments:

  1. Your socks look great, so I think you did a great job. I loved Life of Pi, read the book twice, but I can imagine Raising Poultry has priority:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of socks! Is this the first time you've had chicks? I want some chickens but my husband isn't as excited about them as I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is our first time with chicks. So far so good, but we've only had them (in the house in a Rubbermaid container)for 5 days. :-)

      Delete
  3. Socks seem to be in the air. I am seeing a lot of them along the yarn crawl. Whatever are you making next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on making myself a cardigan. Got the yarn, just need to finish the socks...

      Delete
  4. Your socks are lovely. I envy all sock knitters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your sock focus and you're nearly done! Hurray! I bet you are looking forward to something new to knit, I would be. I bet the chickens are feeling right at home now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great socks, you must be such an expert now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anke, I'm so excited for your new endeavor. I know you will be a great Chicken Lady! Enjoy your reading and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your socks, especially the ones in the second photo, lovely! My grandparents use to raise chickens, it was fun to visit just so I could go feed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Socks and chicks - sounds like spring to me! Your socks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely socks! They indeed, make marvelous gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the style of the socks in the second photo!! It's lovely. I wish I could find something like that somewhere near because I really want to wear it hahaha! If only I know how to yarn... XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. The socks are adorable.....how are you loving your chicks??? We need an update. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz! We LOVE the chicks and they are really growing.I'll post some new pictures soon. :-)

      Delete