Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Yarn along

This has to be a first for me - I have two projects on the needles! Normally I finish one project before finishing another, but since one of these will take quite a long time, I'm not sure it really counts. 
My "main" knitting is the third pair of socks for our neighbor. Since she didn't really tell me whether she likes patterned socks, I decided to knit every other pair pretty plain. These are just 'knit three, purl one' and therefore knit up pretty fast. As for project # 2, I decided to knit up all my leftover sock yarn into blocks, which will be turned into a (very colorful) blanket one day. 
I'm still reading "Life of Pi" and enjoying it very much. Just don't have a lot of reading time right now...

Bisher habe ich noch nie zwei verschiedene Sachen auf einmal gestrickt. Normalerweise mache ich immer erst eines fertig, bevor ich das naechste anfange. Da eines dieser Projekte jedoch eine ganze Weile dauern wird, laeuft es einfach so nebenher.
Hauptsaechlich stricke ich am dritten Paar Socken fuer unsere Nachbarin. Da sie mir nicht gesagt hat ob sie gemusterte Socken mag, stricke ich jedes zweite Paar ganz einfach. Dieses ist "drei rechts, eine links" laesst sich also schnell stricken.
Mein anderes Projekt soll einmal eine (recht bunte) Decke werden. Hierzu verstricke ich meine ganzen Sockenwollreste, was also eine laengere Zeit brauchen wird...
Ich lese immer noch "Life of Pi" was mir sehr gut gefaellt - nur die Zeit zum Lesen fehlt mir momentan.
The second pair of socks for our neighbor was finished last week and I think they turned out very pretty. All of the yarn she brought over is from Knitpicks and it is very soft and pretty.
Das zweite Paar Socken fuer unsere Nachbarin wurde letzte Woche fertig und ich finde sie sind sehr schoen geworden. Sie hatte die Wolle fuer alle bei Knitpicks bestellt und sie ist weich und die Farben wirklich schoen.
Now head on over to Ginny's and look around... :-)
Jetzt schaut mal bei Ginny vorbei und seht was andere so stricken... :-)

16 comments:

  1. I love your socks, the pale blue is beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely socks! I have far too many projects on the needles at the moment - I really need to knuckle down and focus on one thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful socks, fantastic pattern on the blue ones, is it complicated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. and just think....as you knit those socks, you get more yarn for your blanket!! (I've got a mitered square sock yarn blanket going.....you are right--so colorful. Happy knits!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful socks!! I think we have a lot in common...I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you lovely knitting socks for your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice knit all the way around, socks for the neighbor and yarn for your blanket. I bet your blanket is going to look fabulous with all those colors in it. I am working on a scrap blanket too, just using whatever leftovers I have, and so far I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love seeing your socks! you are up to two projects and I'm down to two projects :) I find that kind of sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your socks look grand! i too have been knitting socks, mainly because they are so easy to carry along. i am so much more patient when i can keep my hands busy while waiting in lines, offices, etc,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful projects.....I especially love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your neighbors are lucky to have you! The life of Pi was such a great read....loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! You have come over to the dark side... of more than one project in the basket! Haha, I feel so much better now! Incidentally, I am STILL knitting the sweater I started in November but I did get some scarves done while it hibernated :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am in the minority too, i mostly only have one project on the needles at a time. your socks are all so pretty, and i loved life of pi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete