Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yarn along

I am chugging along on my Hitchhiker scarf. I wish you could see the colors of this yarn in person, it is so bright and cheery. :-) It is also such an enjoyable knit, very easy to memorize the pattern. 
A few days ago I finally gave up on "Cutting for Stone". The story is good, the writing is good, I just had a hard time sticking with it. Finally I asked myself why I was reading a book that I wasn't enjoying all that much? Enter the "Life of Pi" which I am truly enjoying. I found it in the "for sale" section of our library and snatched it up for 25 cents. :-)
Ich bin immer noch ganz fleissig dabei an meinem Hitchhiker zu stricken. Ich wuenschte ihr koenntet die Farben in Natura sehen, sie sind einfach umwerfend schoen. Das Stricken selbst macht auch grossen Spass, das Muster ist einfach und ganz leicht zu merken.
Vor ein paar Tagen habe ich es aufgegeben das Buch "Cutting for stone" zu lesen. Die Geschichte selbst ist gut, es ist gut geschrieben, ich musste mich aber teilweise richtig dazu zwingen weiter zu lesen. Irgenwann habe ich mich dann gefragt warum ich es eigentlich noch lese, und habe mir kurzerhand ein neues Buch geschnappt. Dieses heisst "Life of Pi" (wurde mittlerweile verfilmt) und gefaellt mir viel, viel besser. Das Buch war wieder mal ein 25 Cent Schnaeppchen von unserer Buecherei. :-)
For more knitting, crocheting or book inspirations check out Ginny's blog.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you, life is too short and there are too many good books out there to waste time on something that isn't bringing you any joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on that book by JK Rowling and was so happy I did. It was depressing me. I wish I could see the yarn in person too!!!! Love your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful anke! your shawl is going to be so cozy. loved life of pi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn is very pretty - I agree with everyone, life is too short to waste it on a book you can't connect with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very rarely do I give up on a book, but when I do, I feel like a weight has been lifted! Great colors and I do wish we could see them better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours on your hitchiker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anke, what a nice piece of luck finding that title for only .25 cents! I too wish I could see the colors of your piece up close. ~Lynda

    ReplyDelete