Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn along

Alright, after missing yet another week of the yarn along, I've got a few projects to show. Not sure what it is going on right now, but time just seems to be getting away from me... (The fact that both Nadia and I had a stomach bug probably didn't help.)
I've wanted to knit a "Hitchhiker" for a long time and finally got started on one a few days ago. The yarn I'm using is from Mountain Colors, Crazyfoot in the color way "gold rush". I just love the color!!
I'm still reading "Cutting For Stone", it's a good story, but sometimes a bit hard to get into.
Ok, nachdem ich wieder eine Woche nicht beim yarn along mitgemacht habe, habe ich ein paar Projekte vorzuzeigen. Ich weiss auch nicht was zur Zeit los ist, aber mir rennen im Moment die Tage irgendwie davon... (Die Tatsache, dass Nadia und ich einen Magen - Darm Virus hatten, hilft da wahrscheinlich auch nicht.)
Ich habe schon lange mit dem "Hitchhiker" geliebaeugelt, und vor ein paar Tagen habe ich endlich mit einem angefangen. Die Wolle ist von Mountain Colors, Crazyfoot und die Farbe heisst "gold rush". Ich bin voll von ihr begeistert!
Ich lese immer noch "Cutting For Stone" und obwohl es ein gutes Buch ist, faellt es mir manchmal schwer darueber zu bleiben.
I finished two pairs of socks recently. The pattern for these is called "Jeck" and it's perfect for self striping yarn.
Ich habe seit dem letzen yarn along zwei Paar Socken fertig gestrickt. Das Muster fuer diese heisst "Jeck" und ist prima fuer Wolle bei der reihenweise ein Farbwechsel folgt.
 This is a funky yarn and no pattern was needed. They are incredibly soft and cozy though.
Da diese Wolle viele kleine Noppen hat, war kein Muster notwendig. Die Socken sind unwahrscheinlich warm und kuschelig.

8 comments:

  1. Both pairs of socks are awesome....and the gold rush colors are bright and cheery too. I hope you are all feeling better!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pattern is on my list of to do's one day. I love the yarn it is beautiful and striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks sure do look cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your yarn - and I'm so intrigued by your last pair of socks - does it feel like stepping into a cloud when you put them on? Beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hitchhiker is one of my favorite patterns and I love yours, what great yarn.
    I have Cutting For Stone on audible just waiting it's turn so I'm thankful for your review so I know what to expect.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...love the yarn for the hitchhiker! Gorgeous the way it works out in the pattern. And the socks are both nice...with our temps being as low as 1 degree F this morning I guess you know what my choice of socks was. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hitchhiker! I'm planning on making one for my friends birthday in May, have yet to chose a colour - yours is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, how pretty! I love how that Hitchhiker looks, I bet it'll be a gorgeous finished object

    ReplyDelete