Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yarn along

A new year and finally time to participate in Ginny's yarn along again. I've missed looking at all the beautiful knitting projects these last few weeks, but I've also enjoyed my down time. 
I'm back to knitting socks after finishing the skirt and two hats. The yarn for these socks was a gift from Marion, and the pattern is called "Jeck". Very easy to memorize and perfect to knit while talking, watching your child at cheer-leading, watching TV... 
I'm currently reading "Cutting for stone" by Abraham Verghese, a story about twin brothers born of a secret union  of an Indian nun and a British surgeon. It took me a bit to get into the story, but now I'm enjoying it very much.
Ein neues Jahr und endlich wieder Zeit bei Ginny's yarn along mitzumachen. Ich habe den yarn along die letzten paar Wochen vermisst (es gibt halt doch immer so tolle gestrickte Sachen zu sehen) aber ich habe die Pause auch genossen. 
Auf meinen Nadeln habe ich  mal wieder Socken, die Wolle hierfuer war ein Weihnachtsgeschenk von Marion. (Tausend Dank! :-)) Das Muster heisst "Jeck" und man kann es sich total leicht merken und neben stricken sich unterhalten, seinen Kindern beim Sport zusehen, Fernseh schauen...
Waehrend unserer Weihnachtsferien habe ich das Buch "Cutting for stone" bei Abraham Verghese angefangen. Es dreht sich in dem Buch um Zwillingsbrueder deren Eltern eine Indische Nonne und ein Britischer Chirurg waren. Es hat ein bissl gedauert, bis ich mich in das Buch eingefunden habe, aber nun finde ich es richtig gut.
Oops, I almost forgot - I also finished this "Multnomah" scarf... 
Fast haette ich's vergessen - diesen "Multnomah" Schal habe ich auch gestrickt...


13 comments:

  1. and I'm still knitting the same sweater I started 2 months ago... LOL! I was at swim practice knitting last night and one of the other moms said "oh! did you start another sweater?" Nope, no, this is still the same one.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i started listening to cutting for stone a while ago....not sure why i moved on to something else; need to get back to it. thanks for the reminder!!!
    Love (!!!!!) the multnomah!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the multnomah pattern!!! Your's is gorgeous! Just in time for a cold winter's day :) Glad to see you back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Multnomah is gorgeous. I made one a couple years ago too. Thanks for the info on cutting for stone. I had started it, but found it hard to get into. I had to return it to the library and just haven't gotten back into it. I think I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing Multnomah! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are beautiful. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anke, your knitting projects are beautiful...as always. I like the pattern the yarn worked into with the socks. They look so comfy. And the Multnomah is so stunning! Loved that you were able to take the picture outside! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Anke,
    WOW...das Tuch ist der Wahnsinn!!! Toll geworden und die Anleitung habe ich mir gleich ausgedruckt. Ich denke das muss ich unbedingt auch stricken. Die Socken werden richtig schön und es freut mich das Du Spass dran hast. Hab noch eine schöne Woche und viel Zeit zum stricken wünsche ich Dir.
    Ganz viele liebe Grüße,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a mad knitter. Like really fast and good too!
    LOVE that scarf; so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shawl! I have had that queued forever, but have never gotten to it, but yours is stunning, perhaps I will have to do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutting for Stone is a great book! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete