Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yarn along

Joining Ginny for the weekly yarn along:
This past Saturday was "small business Saturday", and if that wasn't reason enough to visit my favorite yarn store, they were offering 25 % off EVERYTHING!! How could I resist that?
I could have spent hours (and a small fortune) in the store, but only wound up buying three different skeins of yarn. This yarn is one of them. It's "sweetgeorgia", a superwash merino wool in the color "midnight garden". Truth be told, I would love to just keep it for myself, but I'm knitting something for somebody special. :-)
I got a little further into the "Run like a mother" book and would highly recommend it to any runner - especially beginners like me. So many tips, funny stories and good advice. In my opinion a must read...
Vergangenen Samstag war hier "small business Saturday", der Tag an dem man die kleinen Laeden unterstuetzen sollte, anstatt in die riesigen Kaufhaeuser zu rennen. Als ob das nicht Grund genug war in meinen Lieblings Wollladen zu gehen, sie haben auch noch 25 % Rabatt auf alles gegeben!
Ich koennte Stunden in dem Laden verbringen und ein kleines Vermoegen dort lassen, habe mich dann aber fuer nur drei Straenge Wolle entschieden. Diese Wolle ist von "sweetgeorgia", eine superwash Merino Wolle in der Farbe "Mitternachts Garten". Um ehrlich zu sein, wuerde ich sie ja am liebsten selbst behalten - es wird aber trotzdem ein Geschenk fuer eine liebe Person. :-)
Ich bin in dem Buch "Run like a mother" etwas weiter gekommen, und kann es  allen die am Laufen interessiert sind nur empfehlen. Viele gute Tips und Hinweise, lustig geschrieben - einfach gut!
 Since the wingspan was done last week, I've also managed to knit a hat for Hannah. The yarn was a gift from Marion and Hannah really likes it. The pattern is called "Disque" and can be found on ravelry.
Nachdem der Wingspan fertig war, habe ich die Tage noch schnell eine Muetze fuer Hannah gestrickt. Die Wolle war ein Geschenk von Marion (Dankeschoen!) und Hannah gefaellt sie super gut. Die Anleitung fuer die Muetze (Disque) kann auf ravelry gefunden werden.



16 comments:

  1. I was in my lys yesterday and it's a good thing I had a list or my budget would have been a wreak. There are so many lovely yarns and so little time!
    Your Hannah looks just beautiful in her Disque, and what a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book sounds really neat - and what a gorgeous hat! Very hip - I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color....love the hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book would make the perfect gift for my son's Godmother! Thanks for the recommendation! Love your new yarn purchase - congrats on exercising restraint! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hat looks beautiful, it goes lovely with her hair colour.
    I think I'm going to buy that book. I managed two runs this week but as I haven't run for a few weeks I feel like I'm back to square one - thus very unmotivated! Takes me at least 20 minutes just to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the slouch in the hat, she looks great in it!! Ordering yarn...I could do that every single day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new yarn is very pretty, Anke...and the hat you made with the yarn from Marion is so nice. I love the color and it looks so nice against Hannah's dark hair! You inspire me to keep on moving with projects! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Anke,
    WOW...ich bin total verliebt in die Mütze! Hannah siehst sooo toll damit aus und die Farbe passt einfach klasse zu ihrem Haar! Sie ist so hübsch...beide Mädels sind einfach süß anzuschauen!
    Kompliment auch noch zu Deinem Wingspan...er ist traumhaft schön!
    Ich versuche mich die Tage zu melden. Im Moment geht es hier drunter und drüber das man es nicht fast nicht glaubt.
    Ganz viele liebe Grüße und bis bald,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your hat, very cute!
    x
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to look into that book. I've really enjoyed running the past few months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hat look lovely on your daughter...great color. Has the book helped you run more? or is it just a fun book to read. I would like to start running again but it has been such a long time I'm afraid I would need to tote an AED along with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, we started out "speed" walking and slowly added running. It started as a "run from here to the next mailbox, the next stop sign...." and we just tried to go further every time. The book is filled with lots of great tips, and it's not just a boring manual.

      Delete
  12. Sweet Georgia is an amazing color combo!
    Love Hannah's hat...apparently you guys need cold stuff already. Oye Vey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That that is fabulous! I can't even knit a Barbie scarf:) Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yarn sales can be such a scary thing!! ;) Your daughter looks so lovely in her hat!

    ReplyDelete