Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yarn along

Joining Ginny for the weekly yarn along:
Is it wrong to say you're in love with a knitting project? If so, I guess I'm wrong, but I LOVE knitting this wingspan!! It is so so easy to knit and now I only wish I had more of the same yarn to make it larger. It is definitely another project I will knit again!
A friend of mine recommended the book "Run like a mother" by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea. The book is filled with funny, frank stories and tips for beginners and runners alike. It's entertaining and full of helpful information. Just what I need to read since we signed up for another 1/2 marathon next year...
Ich weiss nicht ob es anderen genauso geht, aber manchmal bin ich richtig verliebt in eines meiner gestrickten Werke. Dieser Wingspan ist einfach klasse und ich bin total begeistert davon! Es ist kinderleicht zu stricken und der einzige Nachteil im Moment ist, dass ich nicht noch mehr von der Wolle habe um ihn groesser zu machen. Definitiv ein Projekt das ich wieder stricken werde!
Das Buch "Run like a mother" wurde mir von meiner Freundin empfohlen. Es wurde von zwei Muettern (Dimity McDowell und Sarah Bowen Shea) geschrieben, die miteinander Marathon's gelaufen sind. Es ist voll nuetzlicher Tips, humorvoll geschrieben und ein "muss" fuer alle die interessiert sind am Laufen/Rennen.
Kommt mir auch gerade richtig, da wir uns fuer unseren zweiten 1/2 Marathon angemeldet haben...

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're hooked on running--how wonderful!
    Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Anke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it is not wrong, I so get it!
    I loved knitting Wingspan too and already have the yarn to knit another one.
    I really so love your Wingspan too, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the Wingspan. The process of knitting it is so relaxing and soothing. I have made two. You picked a very nice yarn for yours. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Wingspan is gorgeous! I knew as soon as I saw your yarn last week that it was going to turn out very special.
    The book sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wingspan looks beautiful, I'm also signed up for a half marathon mountain trail and am having difficulty getting motivated to train!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Dein Wingspan wird sooo schön! Aber jetzt geht es Dir wie mir, ich finde auch man braucht mehr Wolle weil er größer einfach noch schöner wäre. Meiner ist jetzt doch bei meiner Svhwester...heul...aber das berichte ich Dir die Tage mal ausführlich. Noch eine schöne Zeit und für morgen "Happy Thanksgiving" für Euch und einen wunderschönen Tag zusammen.
    Ganz viele liebe Grüße
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschoen Marion, auch fuer den Tip den Wingspan zu stricken. Bin wirklich ganz verliebt in das Muster. :-)

      Delete
  7. I ma going to look up that pattern! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute shawl, the yarn is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you love it, your wingspan looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to knit this up! Yours is beautiful and I love when someone tells me it's a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the rich colors of your yarn. Marathons? I don't think I could run to the end of the block if my life depended on it. But I can walk. :-)
    Hope you and your family have a really happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, we don't run the whole 13.1 miles. :-) We run some and we walk some...

      Delete
  12. Anke, I'm not much of a runner, but I do know a beautiful project when I see one! What will you do with it? ~Lynda

    PS: I finally made it to the trail you told me about this summer. WOW! Was it gorgeous! Thank you for telling me about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, I'm going to keep this scarf for myself but already have plans to make another one as a gift. I'm glad you liked the trail. :-)

      Delete
  13. it's beautiful anke. i do understand about loving a project, i do so much sometimes it's sad to me when i finish. i used to read about running too (when i was a runner)so i understand that too, how exciting, another race!

    ReplyDelete