Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yarn along

In Ginny's words:
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
I am still reading the same book - I know it seems to drag on quite a bit... It is a decent book, but I have to say I've enjoyed the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon a lot more.
The socks I'm knitting are the second pair of "Christmas socks". After that I plan on knitting one or two more "Calorimetry's" to be given away. Fun and quick knits for sure...
Fuer Ginny's yarn along gibt es diese Woche wieder ein paar Socken zu zeigen. Dies ist nun das zweite Paar "Weihnachtssocken" das ich auf den Nadeln habe. Danach werde ich wohl noch ein oder zwei "Calorimetry's" stricken. Gehen schnell zu stricken und machen Spass...
Ich lese immer noch das selbe Buch. Es ist im Grossen und ganzen ok, aber die "Outlander" Serie von Diana Gabaldon hat mir viel besser gefallen.
The Lanesplitter skirt was finished over a week ago, but I kept forgetting to take a picture. I really enjoyed knitting it and will most definitely make another one.
Der Lanesplitter Rock ist schon seit ueber einer Woche fertig, ich habe nur immer vergessen Bilder davon zu machen. Ihn zu stricken hat Spass gemacht und ich werde definitiv noch mal einen stricken.
Since I aim to please (some people requested a picture of me wearing it) here is a photo of the skirt being worn.
Hier ein Bild (wie erwuenscht) von mir in dem Lanesplitter Rock. Traegt sich schoen und ist erstaunlich warm.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Anke, you are so beautiful and the skirt is just gorgous on you! I think you should definitely knit another one, it's a perfect style for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on ya! Very nice color. You should be very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is gorgeous and fits you so well, Anke! And I love the yarn you've chosen for this pair of "Christmas socks". Have a wonderful day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely skirt! I always thought knit skirts looked bulky, but this is super gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is gorgeous, it looks great on you! Great knitting job:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is just perfect. It looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely skirt. And the socks look for warm and cozy! Beautiful work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A knitted skirt, how clever. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ich trage auch gerne strickröcke, habe aber noch nie einen selber gestrickt. sieht super aus an dir!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your knitted skirt! it fits you so well anke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in the skirt! Thanks for modeling :) I made the head band for my daughter and she wears it for running. And socks! Love yours and it reminds me that I need to cast on some for my husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow the skirt looks great on you!!! Love the socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skirt and the knitter are just gorgeous...it looks so warm and comfy too!

    ReplyDelete