Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Random...

Just a random photo dump of some photos I took during the week:
Ein paar Photo's die ich unter der Woche gemacht habe:

Nadia modelling a hat I made. At first I thought I'd keep it, but she really liked it, so I guess I'll make myself another one. :-)
Nadia fuehrt eine Muetze vor die ich gestrickt habe. Eigentlich war sie fuer mich gedacht, aber da sie Nadia so gut gefallen hat, hat sie sie behalten. Ich stricke mir halt einfach noch eine... :-)

 Hannah had her last swim meet this Saturday. She did well, enjoyed the season, but I think we're all ready for it to be over. Swim practice four times a week is a lot!
Hannah hatte ihr letztes "Schwimm Treffen" am Samstag. Sie ist gut geschwommen, es hat ihr Spass gemacht, aber wir sind nun alle ein bissl froh, dass die Saison vorbei ist. Vier mal in der Woche trainieren kostet ganz schoen Zeit!
Thank you Pinterest!! Saw something like this the other day and whipped one up out of scrap wood we had laying around.
Dankeschoen Pinterest! Habe neulich so etwas aehnliches gesehen und es gleich aus Holzresten nachgemacht.
 Made some shrimp cocktail to share with friends. Sooo good!
Habe shrimp cocktail gemacht um ihn mit Freundinnen zu teilen. Es hat soo lecker geschmeckt!
 Thanksgiving is only a few days away, so today I took some time to get the pie crusts made. They keep well in the freezer and this should save some time the day before...
Thanksgiving ist in ein paar Tagen und deshalb habe ich heute schon die pie crusts gemacht und eingefroren. Spart mir am Tag vorher einiges an Zeit....

7 comments:

  1. Well, I just had my "duh" moment! Great idea about the pie crusts--that's one less thing to mess with....
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anke, the comment I deleted was explaining how I'd been having trouble leaving comments on blogger blogs today. Anyway...I found a way to leave a comment so hopefully it will still work after I leave you a comment. Your cloud pics are so awesome! I love watching the sky. And Nadia makes a cute model...she's growing up so quickly. Glad that Hannah was able to finish up her first year with the swim team as something that she enjoyed doing. Your idea of doing your pie crusts ahead for Thanksgiving is really a good idea. And the shrimp cocktail looks YUMMY! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Anke. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see what Nadia wanted to keep that hat. Great job!
    Listen, I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark! I hope yours is fantastic and filled with family,fun and lots of good food!

      Delete
  5. I have a pattern for a hat like that I want to make, I think I'm going to have to put the sweater down and dive into the hat! My sweater is taking FOREVER LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photo dump. That hat is as adorable as the girl wearing it. :)
    Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete