Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yarn along

It has been a few weeks again since I participated in Ginny's yarn along. Time sure seems to fly by...
Anyway, even though I haven't participated, doesn't mean I haven't been knitting. (I'm always knitting ;-))
Right now I'm working on a pair of socks that will be a Christmas present for a friend. The yarn is from Germany and I'm just doing a "knit 2 purl 2", since patterns don't really show up in it. Believe me I've tried and the result was always the same. I knit the pattern and then you need a stare at the sock to be able to see it...
The book is another one of my 50 cent thrift store finds. Since I enjoyed the "Oulander" series so much, I thought I couldn't go wrong with this one.

Es ist schon wieder ein paar Wochen her, dass ich bei Ginny's yarn along mitgemacht habe. Die Zeit vergeht momentan einfach wie im Flug.
Obwohl ich nicht mitgemacht habe, habe ich aber trotzdem fleissig gestrickt. (Ich habe immer etwas auf den Nadeln. :-))
Zur Zeit stricke ich ein Paar Socken, die ein Weihnachtsgeschenk fuer eine Freundin werden sollen. Die Wolle ist aus Dtld und das Muster ist einfach 2 re 2 li. Ich habe es aufgegeben mit dieser Wolle Muster zu stricken, da man es immer total schlecht sieht. Habe es schon oefters probiert und das Resultat war immer enttaeuschend. 
Das Buch habe ich im Second Hand Laden fuer 50 Cent gefunden. Nachdem mir die "Outlander" Serie so gut gefallen hatte, dachte ich kann dieses Buch nicht schlecht sein. Ist es auch nicht...
These socks were made as a thank you gift for a friend. I'm happy to say they were a hit and they fit! (I didn't want to ask for her shoe size, since I wanted them to be a surprise.)

Diese Socken bekam eine Freundin von mir als kleines Dankeschoen. Sie sind gut angekommen und haben Gott sei Dank auch gepasst. (Nachdem sie eine Ueberraschung sein sollten hatte ich nicht nach der Schuhgroesse gefragt.)
I made these socks as a little thank you for Bev from "Bee Haven Acres". She sent me a wonderful apron not too long ago and I thought she might like a pair of warm socks in return. The yarn is from JoAnn's and I fell in love with the colors when I saw it. Reminds me of sock monkeys...
Diese Socken habe ich als kleines Dankeschoen fuer Bev von "Bee Haven Acres" gestrickt. Sie hat mir vor kurzem eine ganz tolle selbst genaehte Schuerze geschickt, und ich dachte ihr wuerden ein Paar warme Socken gefallen. Die Wolle ist von JoAnne's und ich habe mich einfach in die Farben verliebt - erinnert mich irgendwie an "sock monkeys"...

12 comments:

  1. What wonderful thank you gifts! The recipients must have felt so lucky - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks look great, all of them! What a lovely gift for your friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the socks and it's good to "see" you again on yarn along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks! the blue sock yarn is lovely, it doesn't really need a pattern the way the colours are coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy! That yarn reminds me of sock monkeys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty socks anke! i bet your friend was just thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The DO look like sock monkeys!!! How adorable....you should rename your blog: The Sock Lady!!!!
    Have a great day.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of the 'cat lady', I'll be the crazy sock lady? ;-)

      Delete
  8. The socks are all beautiful, Anke. Happy reading and knitting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Anke! I like your blog header collage. Die Socken sind schoen. Ich bin auch wieder endlich am stricken.

    ReplyDelete