Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Running...

Greg and I ran our first 5k together this morning. Greg ran a few several years back, but this was my first one. I'm thrilled to have done this and pretty happy with our time, too. 33 minutes, not too bad for the first time...
Some friends ran it with us, and since it was a "Spooktacular" run, the girls got dressed up for it. Some kind of 70/80 workout gear...
Greg und ich sind heute frueh unseren ersten 5 Kilometer Lauf miteinander gerannt. Fuer Greg war es nicht der erste (er hat vor Jahren ein paar mitgemacht) aber fuer mich war es das erste Mal, dass ich einen 5 km Lauf komplett gerannt bin. Ich bin so froh, dass wir es gemacht haben und mit unserer Zeit (33 Minuten) bin ich auch zufrieden.
Ein paar Freunde haben es mit uns gemacht und wir "Maedels" haben uns "verkleidet" da es ein "Spooktacular" Lauf war. 



8 comments:

  1. I've missed a weeks worth of blogs, but wow congrats on the run, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing your first 5k, and yes that is awesome time!! I ran my first 5k in the spring, the adrenaline rush was prett cool. It would be fun to run together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhuuuuu....Herzllichen Glückwunsch euch beiden!
    Super schöne Fotos...ganz große Klasse!
    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toll! das nenne ich sportlich!
    Alles liebe
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anke, I love that you and Greg ran this together! I saw the pics on facebook, but didn't even notice that he had numbers on his shirt until I just now read your blog post! Hannah and Nadia will never have to worry about having "old" parents. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very brave to get out in all this cold wind and run! :)
    ~Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at how cute you look!!!! I've never run anything in my life so I am UBER impressed with you all!!

    ReplyDelete