Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yarn along

Joining Ginny for the weekly yarn along again...
I'm making progress on my Lavinia dress and I'm thankful it wasn't as difficult as anticipated. Once you get the hang of the pattern it's actually quite easy. Pattern chart A gets repeated three times, and I got started on the second repeat last night. I'm really enjoying knitting this and now that Fadenstille has a sweater version of this dress, I'm already envisioning knitting one of those, too. :-)
During the summer month we visit the library a whole bunch. Especially Hannah and I like the "for sale" section of the library and pretty much never leave empty handed. Who can pass up paper back books for 25 cents and hard cover for 50 cents? Last time we went I found another book by Jodi Picoult called "The Pact" and as always she doesn't disappoint. 
Ich bin immer noch fleissig dabei mein Lavinia Kleid zu stricken. Ich hatte am Anfang echt etwas Muffe vor dem Muster, aber ich muss sagen es ist eigentlich relativ einfach zu stricken. Die Verkreuzungen brauchen etwas Zeit, aber wenn man es ein paar mal gestrickt hat, geht es ziemlich leicht. Mustersatz A wird drei mal wiederholt und gestern Abend habe ich mit dem zweiten angefangen. Es macht grossen Spass das Kleid zu stricken und jetzt hat Fadenstille auch noch einen Pulli in dem tollen Muster vorgestellt. Juckt mich schon in den Fingern den auch zu stricken...
Waehrend der Sommer Monate gehen wir sehr oft in die Buecherei, und vor allem Hannah und ich koennen der  Ecke nicht wieder stehen in der Buecher verkauft werden. Wer kann schon nein zu Buechern sagen die nur 25 bzw 50 Cent kosten? Letztes Mal als wir dort waren habe ich wieder ein Buch von Jodi Picoult gefunden. Dieses heisst "The Pact" und wie all ihre Buecher ist es sehr zu empfehlen.
Close up of the pattern. :-)
Nahaufnahme vom Muster. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Fred is the one to take the kids to the library since he's home all day. But I really think it's time I bit the bullet and go there myself. Who knows, I might even like it. ha!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful knitting!
    I'm a sucker for the sale shelf at the library, too. My poor bookshelves are overflowing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is just beautiful, it is an heirloom piece for sure.
    I wish our library had a sale table, but it doesn't; I have to wait until the end of September for one big library sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching on the bottom of that dress is gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The library is a great place to cool off too!
    I'm loving this dress Anke....gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is looking so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cabling and the stitch definition is perfect! I bet you cannot wait to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hallo liebe Anke,
    Deine Lavinia sieht ganz toll aus!! -ich bin in etwa auch soweit-


    einen sonnigen Gruß aus dem sonnigen Ostfriesland schickt Dir Traudi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love it. I never leave the library empty handed either and sometimes that is a problem since I have limited time to read!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Wunderschön schaut das Kleid aus,Anke!
    Das Muster ist "zum niederknien" schön ;o)
    Bücher für das Geld ...muß man mitnehmen ;o)

    Wünsche dir eine schöne Woche
    Herzliche Grüße
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S: Wunderschöne Töchter habt ihr ;o)

    ReplyDelete