Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yarn along

A few weeks ago I found the most wonderful surprise in our mailbox. Marion (just because she is super nice) sent me this "Verena - in 80 socks around the world" knitting magazine. It has some spectacular sock patterns in it and I could not wait to get started on my first pair. This pair is from Italy and the pattern is called "peacock tail". It is a very simple pattern and tons of fun to knit. I have already picked several more patterns to try - I just need to get the right yarn for it. 
I have not actually started on the book "The Friday Night Knitting Club" yet, but am looking forward to it. I love to knit, love to read, so what could be better than a book about knitting, right?
Vor ein paar Wochen war die beste Ueberraschung in unserem Briefkasten. Marion hat mir einfach so (weil sie super lieb und nett ist!) dieses Verena Strickheft geschickt. Es hat einfach genieale Sockenmuster drin und ich konnte es kaum erwarten mein erstes Paar zu stricken. Dieses Paar ist von Italien und nennt sich "Pfauenschweifmuster". Das Muster ist leicht zu merken und die Socken rutschen nur so von den Nadeln. Ich habe mir auch schon einige andere Socken vorgemerkt, jetzt muss ich nur noch die passende Wolle dazu kaufen.
Mit dem Buch "The Friday Night Knitting Club" habe ich noch nicht angefangen, freue mich aber schon darauf. Ich stricke gerne, lese gerne, was koennte also besser sein als ein Buch das mit Stricken zu tun hat.
Joining Ginny for the weekly yarn along again. Go check out her wonderful blog!
Ich mache mal wieder bei Ginny's yarn along mit. Schaut euch mal ihren tollen blog an!

16 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty socks. I like to knit socks but mine are plain. I've read that book and the other two also. They are good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful socks and you'll enjoy your book, The Friday Night Knitting Club ~ great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion is a sweet friend to you:)
    The socks look really good and I am looking forward to see more pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat surprise in the mail! I haven't read Friday Night Knitting Club, but look forward to it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice package. I love those socks.
    I listed a couple of places to get hat patterns in answer to your comment on my blog. Please email at rocnbarc@cvalley,net so I can get your email to send more info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift!
    I love the Friday Night Knitting Club series - have some tissues handy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that was some fun mail to receive and open!! Looking forward to seeing your socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sock is gorgeous!!! I wonder is that magazine is at bookstores???? Can't recall seeing it!! Anxious to hear how you like the book......someone gave me a copy and it's been working it's way up the to-read pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph, the magazine was sent to me by a friend from Germany. I don't think you'd be able to find it here.

      Delete
  9. I'm sure you'll create beautiful things!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yarn you're using for those socks--such fun colors! :) Isn't it great getting knitting stuff in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the socks and the yarn you're using. They're going to be fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet gift....from a sweet friend. You love to knit? And read??? I had no idea....
    LOL
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous yarn! I can hardly wait to see the finished pair to see the design it has created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely friend! and such a sweet thing to find in the mail, i love surprises. your socks are truly gorgeous, i love the color and pattern you chose!

    ReplyDelete