Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yarn along

It's been a while since I participated in Ginny's yarn along. Even though we were home for a week during the holidays, I just didn't think about it.  
Currently I'm knitting a sweater for myself  out of a yarn from the "brown sheep company". It's a wool - mohair mix and should keep me nice and warm if it ever decides to get really cold around here. 
After watching the "Girl with the dragon tattoo" I reread the book and immediately after went out and bought "The girl who played with fire". I'm only a few pages in, but it's going to be an interesting read.
Es ist mittlerweile schon wieder ein paar Wochen her, seit ich bei Ginny's yarn along mitgemacht habe. Obwohl wir zwischendurch sogar eine Woche Ferien hatte, habe ich einfach nicht daran gedacht.
Zur Zeit stricke ich mir einen Pulli aus Wolle von der "brown sheep company". Es ist ein Wolle - Mohair Gemisch, und wenn es hier endlich mal richtig kalt werden sollte, haelt er mich bestimmt schoen warm.
Nachdem ich mit Freundinnen im Kino "The girl with the dragon tattoo" gesehen habe, habe ich das Buch gleich ein zweites Mal gelesen. Kurz danach bin ich dann auch los um "The girl who played with fire" zu kaufen. Bisher habe ich erst ein paar Seiten gelesen, aber ich weiss jeztz schon das es sehr interessant wird.

9 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful sweater! The yarn sounds so soft and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the sweater, that yarn is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, winter is taking it's sweet time this year isn't it?
    I love the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and really need to read the last book. I haven't seen the movie yet, but then I usually have a hard time with movies made from books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarn. Will look forward to seeing the sweater when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is, to me, the best book out of the three in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that this series of books are a great read!!! Best of luck with the sweater. I love saying mohair. So funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater is looking lovely. I have wanted to read that series, I'll have to get busy on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not realize it was a series! Your knitting looks lovely! Winter is supposed to hit here tomorrow reports vary from 2-4 inches or 5-9 inches depending on channel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that gray color! I bought quite a few things in that color this past winter.

    ReplyDelete