Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Yarn along

As busy as these last few days have been, I always find time to squeeze in some knitting and reading. Keeps me sane... ;-)
Yes, I'm reading another yarn harlot book, what can I say, I just love them. Then knitting project I'm working on (if you can call casting on "working") is a "Nimbus" cardigan. I'm using cadena yarn from KnitPicks in the color peat. 
Die letzten paar Tage war hier immer was los, aber ich finde trotzdem immer Zeit zum Stricken und lesen. Ist einfach sehr beruhigend fuer mich.
Wie ihr seht, lese ich wieder ein yarn harlot Buch, ich bin einfach total begeistert davon. Mein neuestes Strickprojekt ist eine "Nimbus" Jacke. Habe bisher allerdings nur die Maschen angeschlagen... Die Wolle ist cadena von KnitPicks und die Farbe ist "peat".
 The last finished project are these socks. A friend had asked me if I would knit socks for her if she brought me the yarn. How can I say no to that? Anyway, she came with one skein black and one skein red - had to get creative to use them evenly.
Mein letztes Projekt waren diese Socken fuer eine Freundin. Sie hatte mich gefragt, ob ich ein Paar fuer sie stricken wuerde, wenn sie die Wolle kauft. Wie kann ich dazu nein sagen? Sie kam dann mit einem Knaeuel schwarz und einem in rot an - musste also kreativ damit werden.
As always, please check out Ginny's blog to see who else is participating in the yarn along.
Wie immer, schaut doch mal bei Ginny vorbei und seht wer noch alles beim yarn along mitmacht.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, the socks are perfect!!!! Busy busy busy....fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice color combo and very good knitting! You are the second person this week I've seen (so far) who is reading that book. Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks and I just downloaded the same book, I can't wait to start. Knitting and reading keep me sane too, aren't they fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. anything to keep us sane! the socks look so fun! i have yet to try socks. i am not gonna lie, i am a bit afraid. but i will move past my fear after the holiday gifts are done!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Anke,

    ich bin schon total gespannt auf Deine neue Jacke - die Wolle finde ich total klasse, sie sieht weich und wärmend aus.
    Deine neuen Socken für Deine Freundin finde ich total süß...nicht schlecht was Du aus einem Knäuel Rot und Schwarz schönes gezaubert hast. Sie wird sich sicher total freuen und die Socken sehr gerne tragen.
    Oh...ein neues Buch aus der Yarn Harlot Reihe!
    Sicher ist auch das wieder total witzig und an jeder dritten Stelle im Buch findet man sich selbst wieder, lach... Hab viel Spaß mit dem Buch und ich wünsche Dir viel Zeit zum stricken.
    Ganz viele liebe Grüße,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. klasse socken hast du gestirckt. lach
    he wusste das auch nicht wegen den nadeln . aber super sind sie . ganz liebe Grüsse marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with the creations you make from something as simple as yarn. Just, wow. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful socks!!! I must download the new harlot book. She hits the mark every time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the socks, lucky friend. I too need to start decluttering.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look like Georgia Bull Dog colors! I need to check that book out too.

    ReplyDelete